[FilterScript] [FS] GEO-IP : Get Player's Country

VERSION 3.1 Updated (30/Mar/2015)
No need to use the one below (unless you really need to), just visit the above link!
GEO-IP (filterscript version)

I am releasing a Filterscript that will detect the player's Country, IP and Ping whenever joining the server. This does not needs any plugin. This FS does not needs SQL plugin or something like that. Its just a simple file reading program. [/center]

This FS will show them message in-game like this (In this case name is [SG]Abhinav and country is India)
Code:
[SG]Abhinav has joined the server. [ Country:India (IND) | IP Address: 61.0.5.1 | Ping: 35 ]
Installation:
  • Download the source and the csv.
  • Put the source (and rename it as GEO_IP.pwn if you downloaded that form pastebin) into filterscript folder and compile it. Also, put the CSV file into the scriptfiles folder
  • Add filterscript GEO_IP in your server.cfg file
  • Enjoy
Download Links:
Pastebin
IPLIST.csv

Credits:
  • Scripting - Abhinav(me)
  • Database - software77.net (Dead)
NOTE:- If there are any bugs, please let me know. All types of comments are welcomed.

Thank You
-Abhinav

Good work, it's nice to see a filterscript for detecting player's country.

Yea... I searched the plugin GEO-IP but it was about 16mb or something like that ... So i decided to make this.

is it join/leave or just join messages

Nice, it's very useful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SU
BP13 ]
is it join/leave or just join messages
You can use it anywhere you want.

Nice work, sure it will be a great feature to a few servers.

Very nice, I might add country support to connection log

Good job,i'm using the plugin at the moment.

Could we have an pastebin link,please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlip
Good job,i'm using the plugin at the moment.

Could we have an pastebin link,please?
I dont prefer Pastebin...btw why you want it...i have uploaded it to solidfiles only..

yea , can't be on pastebin , because he had scriptfiles included

Very nice going to try it right now.

it would be appropriate the id of each country for ease of identification, i detect it now through strcmp("SVK",..

What a creative idea, nice :].
After looking at the code, you kind of used some wasted arrays which weren't necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceX^
What a creative idea, nice :].
After looking at the code, you kind of used some wasted arrays which weren't necessary.
I know.. I didnt removed them..bcoz I might make use them in future releases.

Wow, very nice, verry nice. I was wondering how the AdrenalineX Server had the country the player connected from on the join message, i even looked through the AdrenX script!

I shall be taking the part of the script whare it gets the players country and adding it into my server, showing the players IP is not a good idea.. yea'know.. with all the hackers 'n stuff around.

Bookmarked, Thanks.

EDIT: Link working now, must have been something wrong with the website/my crappy internet .

Thank You,
for all your comments and replies.
If someone founds a bug, please let me know.

Thank You
-Abhinav

This is nice thing I like it.

"Reserved (ZZZ)"

Happens when most people join, not a full database?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɹoɯ‾ʎ
"Reserved (ZZZ)"

Happens when most people join, not a full database?
It shows that for those IPs which are reserved - like - 192.168.0.1 --------Means those IPs which are generally used for internal uses and not for public ..... Where as thos IPs which are public and visible to all are not reserved.

Reserved also shows when someone from your network joins the game.

Its a full database(not mae by me).Its made by software77.net. I just converted it for this FS(made by me).

Btw.. Thanks for commenting

Thank You
-Abhinav