Starting a server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilencedPistol
Посмотреть сообщение
Okay, so by now I'm an intermediate scripter. I've worked and worked through a few sleepless nights (it sounds sad, I know lol) to come to terms with many functions, forwards, callbacks and saving methods and what not. I started editing a script called United Roleplay by Carrot. I've edited it a bit by doing things such as removing unfinished systems and changing basic things. I'm going to keep on editing it for a while to a near unrecogniseable level, although I have had some contact with Carrot who so far has allowed me to do these things which I am greatful for.

So, what I want to know is this: what's the key to starting a server? What do you need? What do you advise? What are your ideas? How do I get a host and how does using a host work? Stuff like that.

NOTE: For a while, I dont have much intention of starting a server, I just wanted to know so that if I happened to do it in a year or so for a project or for class that I'll be prepared and ready. Please post, because all these will help.

Many thanks guys.
the server can be very simple while its a tdm with 2 teams, the bases are close and it has some weapon menus to choose, capture zones, thats enough for these days players who are in samp, simple and the objective is clear

Messages In This Thread
Starting a server. - by SilencedPistol - 10.06.2013, 07:42
Re: Starting a server. - by StuartD - 10.06.2013, 08:58
Re: Starting a server. - by Kreatyve - 10.06.2013, 09:35
Re: Starting a server. - by SilencedPistol - 10.06.2013, 12:12
Re: Starting a server. - by iLinx - 10.06.2013, 12:56
Re: Starting a server. - by Pingperfect - 10.06.2013, 18:38
Re: Starting a server. - by SilencedPistol - 12.06.2013, 07:32
Re: Starting a server. - by Potassium - 12.06.2013, 08:30
Re: Starting a server. - by Astralis - 12.06.2013, 08:58