What Am I Doing Wrong?

[Please Move Into Correction Section If Wrong.]

I've just had another encounter, with another scripter, who decided to disappear because I would not agree with his ideas. Just recently, I picked up a very good scripter, who knew his stuff. I've never seen some of the things his done before in other servers so I knew he was very good. I offered him a price, he accepted and we went back and forth for a week with ideas and scripting. But then I noticed it was getting a little personal, that he would say "No, that’s not a good idea, I don't want that." and its weird, because I'm paying him for it.

I mean, I have a small community ready to play, they where the ones that hyped me up to start a server again, so I got a good 70 people together on MSN/Ventrilo before I went ahead to look for a scripter. I had them all in one place and took opinions and criticism from all of them one by one. After a few days, we finally agreed on a base of the server, for which everyone was happy with. With more ideas pouring in that would finally build the server to be complete.

Yet, for the past 3 months it has been the 3rd scripter that has ditched out for the reason, and that was, he did not agree with some of the ideas. Simple stuff like, the ways menu's should be displayed or NPC strippers at the pig pen... The last scripter said it’s not RP and no one will want to play in the server that has bots.

Is what any of the scripters have done to date, fair? Literally ditching out, because they took the script way to personal? Yes, they may be scripting it, but I hired a paid scripter. I thought the last scripter I found was really good this time, because he had very good ideas and scripting knowledge that I’ve never seen before. I told the clan for the last time that I've found someone that will do it, and now I have to disappoint them again because I couldn't settle with the scripter, on the most simplest of things.

I've completely given up on the whole server. I now have to tell all of them, its not going to happen... Again. I had saved a good $150 for all the costs, and was really serious about it, but I've lost all hope.

Have you had encounters like this with scripters you've "hired" in the past? If not, then seriously... What am I doing wrong?

/rant.

Messages In This Thread
What Am I Doing Wrong? - by Marvin81 - 13.09.2010, 21:47
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? - by Venturas - 14.09.2010, 03:09
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? - by Marvin81 - 14.09.2010, 03:39
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? - by CuervO - 14.09.2010, 03:47
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? - by Marvin81 - 14.09.2010, 04:02
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? - by SampStunta - 14.09.2010, 14:05
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? - by Marvin81 - 14.09.2010, 19:19
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? - by Hal - 15.09.2010, 02:49
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? - by Marvin81 - 15.09.2010, 03:28
Re: What Am I Doing Wrong? - by Relixious - 15.09.2010, 06:37