I understand the basics of lag shooting but I still need help

FPS and ping are the two main factors as well as tickrate being a minor factor. (tickrate = times called onplayerupdate in 1 second <- useless info to non-scripters)

also INTERNET speed imo is just as important as ping but often overlooked, you can have a 0.10 upload speed and a 50 ping and you'll lag hard.

FPS matters because your limited to a max speed per frame, on your screen they will appear relevant to your fps, and thus you will lead aim based on ping and if they have a low fps move very little

your ping factors into it sort of not really as much as someone elses, example: you shoot your gun and it will take (your ping) time for the server to get this info, and then tell tthe other client that you are shooting and after the information reaches the other player you will have shot

source: played sa-mp DM for 4 1/2 years

Messages In This Thread
I understand the basics of lag shooting but I still need help - by dstryr - 26.06.2011, 00:51
Re: I understand the basics of lag shooting but I still need help - by Rachael - 26.06.2011, 00:55
Re: I understand the basics of lag shooting but I still need help - by Whitetiger - 26.06.2011, 01:23