TextDrawCreateTimer?

What is this? I found this on wiki and I searched forum and no results came up. Does anyone use this and what does it do?

https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/TextDrawCreateTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dujma
What is this? I found this on wiki and I searched forum and no results came up. Does anyone use this and what does it do?

https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/TextDrawCreateTimer
i guess it created a textdraw for an amount of time eh?

It looks like a custom function. I couldn't find the source for it either, but it's probably something like this:

pawn Код:
forward HideTextDraw(textdraw);
public HideTextDraw(textdraw) {
    TextDrawHideForAll(Text:textdraw);
}

Text:TextDrawCreateTimer(Float:x, Float:y, text[], displaytime); {
    if(!text[0] || displaytime < 1) return Text:INVALID_TEXT_DRAW;
    new Text:textdraw = TextDrawCreate(x, y, text);
    TextDrawShowForAll(textdraw);
    SetTimerEx("HideTextDraw", displaytime, false, "i", _:textdraw);
    return textdraw;
}

Creates a text draw area in memory (does not display to the screen), which will be destroyed after a certain time.

If the text draw is being destroyed without the function displaying the text draw, then the function is .... useless.

It's part of the useful functions package, which can be found here.

Ok, I looked at the function in the useful functions include and unfortunately, as previously predicted, the function (and related functions) are useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betamaster
If the text draw is being destroyed without the function displaying the text draw, then the function is .... useless.
Yea I read that and I was like "Why is this function even here if it does not displays and it gets destroyed" so I just asked here xD

I assume it is just like GameTextForPlayer or GameTextForAll but using Text Draws... But my guess is as good as yours, Im not really that interested in it to try it.