Need opinions on website:

Hi guys and I have to present a website on a piece of furniture this Thursday for an Apprenticeship on web design so I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips and some constructive criticism and what you think of what i have so far?!

Heres a direct link to the website image.

Version 1:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ps72702d6e.png

Version 2:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...pse72e6944.png

Version 3:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ps74ed14bb.png

Version 3 changes are I've changed the colour of the nav bar to the exact same colour as the background as well as added a gradient to the background and changing the shadow/stroke of the footer.

Furniture web-sites have no portfolio section, at least I don't see the need of one. You could change that to products or whatever instead.

PS; the "2 versions" are actually the same image.

I don't really like the navigation bar. The blue border on the footer and header I don't really like, try making them a greyish colour so it fits in with the rest of the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest~
Посмотреть сообщение
Furniture web-sites have no portfolio section, at least I don't see the need of one. You could change that to products or whatever instead.

PS; the "2 versions" are actually the same image.
They're not the same image at all, version 2 has a the bar at the top, as well as the two images in the middle being a little smaller.

and will try everything now.

Also, it isn't a product website, it's a website for that one particular product, so could you think of anything else to put there?

Sorry for double post - Uploaded version 3 with some changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross8839
Посмотреть сообщение
They're not the same image at all, version 2 has a the bar at the top, as well as the two images in the middle being a little smaller.

and will try everything now.

Also, it isn't a product website, it's a website for that one particular product, so could you think of anything else to put there?
My bad - didn't quite notice that. Anyway, an Order now or something could be there, or perhaps remove prices from the top and add it there, and put something else where prices used to be. In my opinion it would be good if the button that makes the actual profit for the company is well visible rather than it being a small input in a corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest~
Посмотреть сообщение
My bad - didn't quite notice that. Anyway, an Order now or something could be there, or perhaps remove prices from the top and add it there, and put something else where prices used to be. In my opinion it would be good if the button that makes the actual profit for the company is well visible rather than it being a small input in a corner.
Thats a very good point mate, thankyou. Apart from that, anything i could change to the design?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross8839
Посмотреть сообщение
Thats a very good point mate, thankyou. Apart from that, anything i could change to the design?
There's some repetition on the bottom of the page, try to edit that. You repeat "this bed" twice, in the beginnings of each sentence - if they requested it in English, you might have points taken off for that. (If it's being marked at all)

Other than that, it looks pretty complete.

I'd rather add another box with information somewhere to the right of the bed pictures. Fill it with Lorem Ipsum text and some arbitrary price.

Nice work, but you should make the images smaller, and add a lot of texts, so it can be some real good site.