Can't connect to servers

Hi!
I have... well my friend has a problem.
He has gta sa, samp installed samp is 0.3a.
He installed everything correctly, but when he tries to connect to a server, nothing happens, just the loading mouse appears for a couple of second and then nothing.
And single player works.

Help ?...

Try re-installing GTA San Andreas, if that doesn't work, try re-naming your GTA San Andreas directory not sure why that works, but it works about 60% of the time. If neither of those work reply to this thread, or PM me.

EDIT: Also, does he have any other mods installed? If so what are they?

Hi I have the samp problem. I did both of those things twice and still nothing.. I have vista with admin account, and its downgraded, 0.3 it was working last week (litteraly)

Try to use the fix provided in this topic
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=103182

I know that is not the problem you are having, but it solves a couple of other radom problems too, it's worth a try.

Yeah, my friend had the same problem a few weeks ago... He just Reinstalled both GTA SA and SAMP and he got it working... (after reinstalling 7 times :P )

i guess that the Gta sa was running at the task manager but something was blocking it to run properly..check the firewall settings just in case it is blocking samp.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong topic

Hey, coldn't try that out becouse gta sa forums were down, and I didn't saw the message, and the friend is on vacation.
But Ill try that out as soon as possible.

Same problem i tried reinstalling (Windows XP here) and changing folder nothing worked..

Please help this is a major problem

Sorry to bump but its a major problem