Fix for crash on load in Windows 7/8

If you're currently crashing on load (around 80%) and are running Windows 7 (a problem detailed further here). Then try either of these steps:
  • Reinstall SA into a different directory
  • Rename your current SA directory
Tested as working for me and some others, post if it works or not.

Thanks. o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotaspeed
Ah. I believe this does work. Not sure if it'll be working for everybody though.

More detailed explanation -

Go into your C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games (or where ever you keep the GTA SA directory)

Add a "2" to the end of your directory name so it says, "GTA San Andreas" to "GTA San Andreas 2".

Right click your SAMP and/or GTA SA shortcut and in the "target" and "Start in" boxes, add a 2 to the end of "GTA San Andreas" again. (example - Target: "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas 2\samp.exe")

SAMP will say it can't locate your directory and a menu will come up asking you to select the directory. Select the "GTA San Andreas 2" folder.

You should be able to play now.

didnt work for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by athens1908
didnt work for me
Did you use any of the RC builds?

Ah. I believe this does work. Not sure if it'll be working for everybody though.

More detailed explanation -

Go into your C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games (or where ever you keep the GTA SA directory)

Add a "2" to the end of your directory name so it says, "GTA San Andreas" to "GTA San Andreas 2".

Right click your SAMP and/or GTA SA shortcut and in the "target" and "Start in" boxes, add a 2 to the end of "GTA San Andreas" again. (example - Target: "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas 2\samp.exe")

SAMP will say it can't locate your directory and a menu will come up asking you to select the directory. Select the "GTA San Andreas 2" folder.

You should be able to play now.

This did in fact work for me. Thanks for posting this, I was quite afraid that I wouldn't be able to play SA-MP any longer!

I had a problem where it reverted to broken for some reason - just wanted to say that renaming it AGAIN fixed that.

Not working for me. The GTASA process starts but will not run. Running the RC.

Installing GTA:SA by running setup.exe in Windows XP or 2000 compatibility worked for me.

ehm
i have windows 7 and it works normally i dont need to setup that capatibilitie (or something)
an i have the final utlimate version:O (Dutch Version)

I have no mods, I've reinstalled SAMP and GTASA several times, I've tried renaming the directories, I've deleted the gta set file, I don't have any of the mentioned .dll's, I've run it as administrator, run it in compatibility mode for every other version of Windows, and set the user permissions all up to Administrator, tried running it without visual themes, have used both the 02 and 03 client versions, and probably a few other things I can't remember yet SAMP still crashes at 80% with this error. Anything else?

Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit, Radeon 4870HD, Phenom 9850 2.5ghz Quad, 4GB DDR2.

For those who have tried this, here's another one to try that worked for me (Also for those who are getting an exception error (0x00405CA4))

1) Delete samp.exe
2) Install SA-MP

Done

Wow. I'm glad for your solution. First fix worked for me well.

I cant even load, when i press start game, it just pop up crashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperzYang
I cant even load, when i press start game, it just pop up crashed
Yes! Same with me can anyone help please?

i have windows 7 professional x64 and i have the same problem. i have reinstalled GTA:SA und installed the SA-MP 0.3a client it loads the game but after 100% comes the message.

Running SA-MP in Windows 98/Me solved it for me. Windows 7 Ultimate RC Build 7100.

i don't have a RC version but i found an other way.

i've a V1.0 US but i run the DowngradePatch from here. the patch have made a EU version of GTA, remove the compability mode und have fun. it works fine for me i hope for you too.

PS: sorry for bad english but it was not my favorite leasson.

I don't have an RC version of Windows 7, and it works really well. It may of been the RC versions of Windows 7 causing it somehow.

Shit sorry, I didn't see the "32bit" part, i'm "64bit" so this dosn't include me. ^^

TY this works like a charm

Thanks that installing to a new renamed directory worked.