.rec file format

Is there any publically available information, or will there be any, on the .rec file format? Currently NPCs can only do pre-made recordings, which makes writing AI scripts which dynamically interact with the world very difficult. If we had access to the file format a system could be developed to enable functions such as NPCDriveToPoint, NPCWalkToPoint etc, being useful for certain types of scripts.

Edit: I just realised you could try use the velocity and angle functions for making paths, but it's still not a brilliant solution, especially given that that only covers z angles.

This question was on my mind, i hope we will have access to .REC files.

wouldnt it be easier to just use the commands to take them to a certain point?

How do you mean?

I had a suggestion having something like SetKeys(keys,duration); to use in npc-scripts, but having information about .rec file format will be more useful.

Y_less i'm sure some of the bot functions haven't even been released.

Wait until they're all out,please.

I hope for functions like

MoveBot(x,y,z);
MakeBotShootAt(x,y,z); etc.

If you attach an object to a player and then move the object does it stay attached and drag the player with it ?

If so you could move the object and play a walk animation to fake a MoveBotToPoint( bot, x, y, z, angle ).

Sadly I think I am wrong though and the object will become unattached but an idea is an idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssǝן‾ʎ
How do you mean?
I think he means like SetPlayerPos etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
If you attach an object to a player and then move the object does it stay attached and drag the player with it ?

If so you could move the object and play a walk animation to fake a MoveBotToPoint( bot, x, y, z, angle ).

Sadly I think I am wrong though and the object will become unattached but an idea is an idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssǝן‾ʎ
How do you mean?
I think he means like SetPlayerPos etc.
SetPlayerPos @ Bots works.

SetPlayerPos works, but it's not very elegant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ! Karlip
Y_less i'm sure some of the bot functions haven't even been released.

Wait until they're all out,please.
Possibly not, but even so, that still doesn't mean I'm not interested. It also means other people can write their own recording software.