[0.3]Chat box causes lag?

Hello everybaddy.

Alright so I've noticed that the chatbox causes lag, and whenever you press F10 the lag goes away...Same if you press F7 once(you get the transparent chatbox)

It can't be because of my computer, as I have a Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2 gigs of ram and a GTX260 with the latest drivers...Also nothing is running in background.
If I recall correctly there was already a similar 'bug' when the chatbox was changed(with 0.2 I think), it was then fixed.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks.

works fine for me

Oh, I forgot to say that it happens on LSRP when more than 80 people are connected, roughly.

it could be a bug
but i don't lag though i don't go on a server with 80 people ....
did you turn frame limiter off?
maybe your internet was slowed down that day due to rain or something >..<

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_breaker
Hello everybaddy.

Alright so I've noticed that the chatbox causes lag, and whenever you press F10 the lag goes away...Same if you press F7 once(you get the transparent chatbox)

It can't be because of my computer, as I have a Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2 gigs of ram and a GTX260 with the latest drivers...Also nothing is running in background.
If I recall correctly there was already a similar 'bug' when the chatbox was changed(with 0.2 I think), it was then fixed.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks.
Your alone about this prob man, never noticed any lag on any versions of SAMP at all

no, its because of your pc, something isnt right, this kind of lag only happens on older pc's or laptops who strugle runing the game :S

Didn't exprience this problem here even with a crappy laptop and a pc of dual core 3.0ghz and geforce 9600GT 1.5gb and 4gb ram.

The easiest way for me to understand this problem is for you to post a screenshot. I'll be able to see what resolution and graphic settings you're using. If you can get FPS measurements with fraps etc that's helpful also.

When lag happens there's barely any FPS drop, which is strange. The graphic settings are all set to maximum, except for the details level set to Low(the shadows are FUBAR anyway). Resolution is 1650x1080 (the screen dimensions had to be reduced)

I tried to disable vertical sync from my Nvidia control panel...The FPS raised to 70 but the lag was still present.

The FPS limiter is OFF, every time I login I do /fpslimit 100. I tried to lower it to 60 then 50 but the problem still occurs...I can run ANY game without any problem, be it Crysis, NFS Shift, etc...My computer specs are in the first post. I did a virus scan not so long ago...Hmm...Well, any other game works fine, so it isn't a reason for a 85 year old game not to work the same way

There were 149 people when the screen was taken. This problem didn't happen with previous versions of sa-mp. People on LS-RP have encountered the same problem(I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link to the topic though), they mostly all have high end computers, I'll try to make them post here.

I'll try running the game completly modlessly...Even if the few mods I've installed worked just fine with 0.2

Thanks for your help.

The lag in chatbox happens to me too.