[HOW TO] Alt-Tab in Vista!!!! (helpful pictures)

I should have long been posted this considering how many threads I see about this subject, but alas I have been pretty busy scripting and also I have dislocated my left knee so I have been putting posting this off. Well the new script is done so I finally have sometime to post this. I hated after I had installed GTA on Vista (and no Vista wasn't by choice but rather came with the computer) how EVERY TIME I pressed Alt-Tab BOOM crash and I was forced to go to the task manager in order to kill it. I simply could not live with it. So I started playing around in the "Compatibility" section, after trying to set it back to Win XP, and all that jazz there wasn't ever a change. Finally I decided to click on "Disable Desktop Composition" and yes I could finally Alt-Tab the way I was suppose too.

FOR THOSE WHO CRASH WHILE ALT-TAB IN VISTA

First make sure on both samp.exe and gta_sa.exe that you have "Run as Administrator" on. You can check this by right clicking on the exe or shortcut files.

Second, while you are on "Compatibility" for gta_sa.exe make sure you click "Disable Desktop Composition.

If you did it right it should look like this........

After that I have been crash free for over a month now, and to be honest after tweaking the crap out of Vista its not that bad....(yea right lol)

Test on Vista Home Premium 32 bit with Service Pack 2 (should work on 64 bit just the same) I can not say it will work for anything below SP2 though.

doesnt work

Running it as an Administrator won't change the fact that it crashes with ALT+TAB. I just use CTRL+ESC instead, it's never crashed for me, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Fallow
Running it as an Administrator won't change the fact that it crashes with ALT+TAB. I just use CTRL+ESC instead, it's never crashed for me, ever.
Its not about running as admin its about desktop composition which for me make my Alt-Tab crashing 100% disappear....

@Eazy what version of Vista you use? Cuz someone else confirmed this helped him...

try pressing escape before minimizing GTA_SA

always works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKo95
Посмотреть сообщение
Or the windows button lol

I have a problem too when I use ALT+TAB when I'm in-game.
I switch to the desktop just fine, but the mouse thinks I'm still playing GTA for some odd reason, as keeps resetting to the top-left corner of the screen.

Just going into the GTA menu by pressing ESCAPE, then doing ALT+TAB works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPC603
Посмотреть сообщение
I have a problem too when I use ALT+TAB when I'm in-game.
I switch to the desktop just fine, but the mouse thinks I'm still playing GTA for some odd reason, as keeps resetting to the top-left corner of the screen.

Just going into the GTA menu by pressing ESCAPE, then doing ALT+TAB works fine.
If that happens just ALT+TAB to GTA SA, and back to your desired window.

i dont crash anyway and i have vista....