Hey, I've got this problem. I got a widescreen 23 monitor, and I would like to play sa-mp in 1920x1080 however samp, or gta 1.0 doesnt support 1080p, the support comes with patch v1. So is there any fix that will enable me to play with that resolution? Been searchin though the net but couldnt find anything

I was able to select 2560 x 1600 on my old computers GTA (although it would lag like hell :P)

2560 x 1600 isn't widescreen.

Lancast if you want to play at 1920 x 1080, disable stretching in your gpu's options. This will add black lines at left and right of screen..

but how will disable stretching help me? I was thinking more of sometihing that will allow me to actually use 1920x1080, the 1.01 exe allows u to have that resolution, i thought maybe someone could patch the 1.0 exe to allow that too. I can get 16:9 at 1280x1024 using the camhack but it still doesnt look all that good, would really want 1920x1080

You need to turn off permission restriction. It can be made in options of the driver of a video card. The fact - I put any permission up to 2560 x 1600 32Bit and played with it in SA-MP 0.2X (now and in SA-MP 0.3a) having GTA SA US 1.0.

So-that know that it is possible to play with such permission!

Sorry for so bad english...

Em i dont really get it, how do u do that? Are u sure u can choose 1920x1080 too? Because 2560 x 1600 is not widescreen

yeah, sure. But i try now, it's not works. It works only if you can change your resolution in WINDOWS, then you also can change res in game... i dont remember how to do it I will find for it, when i found, i write here

F**K man i found

I don't know where it on Vista (if you use that) or what's name in English Windows, i have screen on Russian Windows (I'am Russian)

and then you can change res in game...

if you have a problems i can shows you and configure by using Team Viewer http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx

OR

Press In Game Alt + ENTER, it's will set to window-mode. Try to expand window by using mouse

Hey man thanks for your help but this isnt really a solution. Well first of all, on ur screen where u say unclick this shit I cant do that because its greyed out, but even if I could, it wouldnt help, because gta sa 1.0 just doesnt support 1920x1080. The support for that comes with the patch 1.01 but that doesnt work with samp. We need some kind of patch for the exe or something.
And alt+enter and then scretching to full screen isnt really it lol.
Anyway, thanks for the try, maybe someone else has a solution

Yo, try to update your display driver, if u have NVIDIA vedio card, u can download drivers here nvidia.com. If you have a ATI video card, download drivers here ati.com, it is can be so helpful, can be a solution, but first, delete your old driver, and then install new.

em I think you dont understand my problem. GTA 1.0 , the one that uses samp, does not support ready hd(1280x720) or full hd (1920x1080). My desktop resolution is ok, 1920x1080, all other games are ok 1920x1080, i do not have any problem with that so stop it.. I want to use that resolution in gta which is not possible because GTA DOESNT support it 1920x1080. What Im lookin for is some kind of fix that will tweak the gta exe and allow 1080p resolution

yeah... GTA SA 1.0 not supports HD and Full HD ny DEFAULT. I reinstall my windows regulary, and i remember, when i install video driver sometime, i can set My resolution up to 2560 x 1600, and in games to, but i have 1024x1280, and not "Unclick this shit"

I sure remember, I SURE IT POSSIBLE TO SET RES IN GTA SA 1.0 AND SA-MP TO 1920x1080!!!!

maybe it is lag, but it works, and it can be a solution for you... but know one, peoples who play with this res in SA-MP have a so small chat...

so... you should to update driver

It's a known problem with GTA SA 1.00. It doesn't support any 16:9 modes. There isn't much we can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye
It's a known problem with GTA SA 1.00. It doesn't support any 16:9 modes. There isn't much we can do about it.
Yeah, but i'm sure if you were able to get a REALLY high res it would lag a lot,

off-topic: What is the real reason that SA-MP can't use GTA San Andreas 2.0?

eeuh gta 2.0 does not allowed mods ? i gues

Quote:

off-topic: What is the real reason that SA-MP can't use GTA San Andreas 2.0?

I think because 2.0 version has other architecture in something, distinct from 1.0, and it is difficult (or it is impossible because it is not known) to adapt SA-MP under 2.0

I have released a patch solving this problem.

See this thread:
http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=148079.0

Hello there, again, going to bump up an old topic.

As the user above me stated, he made a patch fixing this resolution problem however the link doesn't work BUT I found a cache of this topic, http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php%3Ftopic%3D148079.0&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl =uk&client=firefox-a][i]here[/url] it is. I can only access the first page of the topic, not the last one which might have the reason for its removal. So, what is the reason for removal of that topic? Or has it just moved?(Couldn't find it tho). Will really appricate an answer as I'd really enjoy playing samp in 1920x1080 resolution more.

Maybe it was removed because links expired

I still got the 1.1 version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4ommj2vnyxm

Nice one mate, working fine, finally Full HD samp!(I get some SAMP error when I close GTA but that's not a big deal).
Anyway, if anyone knows, I'd still like to know why that topic was removed, just curious.