[Plugin] IRC Plugin

You will need to setup IRC server and channel to.
Then you will need to define server and channel at irc.pwn , and they you will be able to chat.

And how can i make a IRC server and we?

Well this is not support for IRC.
Use ****** , or ******* for it.

Blackazur,

You don't have to create an own IRC server, especially, if you're new in this area.
Instead of that, just simply use an already existing IRC network, like

- FoCo Network (gamerx.nl.irc.tl)
- FreeNode (irc.freenode.net)
- GTANet (irc.gtanet.com)
- EFnet (irc.efnet.org)
- Mibbit (irc.mibbit.com)

etc., etc., there are still alot more, just choose one from this list.

I hope it'll help you, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask them.

Kind regards,
T101

Quote:
Originally Posted by T101
Посмотреть сообщение
Blackazur,

You don't have to create an own IRC server, especially, if you're new in this area.
Instead of that, just simply use an already existing IRC network, like

- FoCo Network (gamerx.nl.irc.tl)
- FreeNode (irc.freenode.net)
- GTANet (irc.gtanet.com)
- EFnet (irc.efnet.org)
- Mibbit (irc.mibbit.com)

etc., etc., there are still alot more, just choose one from this list.

I hope it'll help you, but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask them.

Kind regards,
T101
Okay thanks, and when i use a IRC network from a list, how can i chat then with people in game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackazur
Посмотреть сообщение
Okay thanks, and when i use a IRC network from a list, how can i chat then with people in game?
Well, the easiest way to do it - at least as a new user of IRC -, that you use a web-based IRC client, like this (click), for the first few times. Of course, later, you can use "standalone" clients also, but if you're completely new, a webchat could give you alot cleaner preview about things.

So, click the link and navigate to that site.

There, just follow the instructions:
  • select your choosen IRC network from the drop-down list,
  • if you can't find your IRC network in the list, then just click the 'Server' link besides the drop-down and fill in the appearing 'Server' field with the address of the desired IRC network, following the instructions right below the field itself (default port is usually 6667 for every single network).
  • fill in the 'Nick' field (this is NOT the nick of your IRC bot, defined in your irc.pwn!),
  • fill in the 'Channel' field with your channel name (exactly what you already defined in your irc.pwn file),
  • click the 'Connect' button,
  • run your server with Incognito's IRC plugin (assuming, you already defined everything correctly in irc.pwn).
If you follow the simple steps above, your echo bot should appear in the nick list of the client and finally your echo-system should be basically good to go .

Kind regards,
T101

Any idea on the End of File error I get even though threre is something after the attempting to connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T101
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, the easiest way to do it - at least as a new user of IRC -, that you use a web-based IRC client, like this (click), for the first few times. Of course, later, you can use "standalone" clients also, but if you're completely new, a webchat could give you alot cleaner preview about things.

So, click the link and navigate to that site.

There, just follow the instructions:
  • select your choosen IRC network from the drop-down list,
  • if you can't find your IRC network in the list, then just click the 'Server' link besides the drop-down and fill in the appearing 'Server' field with the address of the desired IRC network, following the instructions right below the field itself (default port is usually 6667 for every single network).
  • fill in the 'Nick' field (this is NOT the nick of your IRC bot, defined in your irc.pwn!),
  • fill in the 'Channel' field with your channel name (exactly what you already defined in your irc.pwn file),
  • click the 'Connect' button,
  • run your server with Incognito's IRC plugin (assuming, you already defined everything correctly in irc.pwn).
If you follow the simple steps above, your echo bot should appear in the nick list of the client and finally your echo-system should be basically good to go .

Kind regards,
T101
I understand it nevertheless not. xD. I think i make not IRC Chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama
Посмотреть сообщение
I am also experiencing this issue, the server remains online (no crash) while the IRC bot disconnects and then reconnects.
Try increasing the receive timeout for each bot. Some networks apparently don't send PING messages frequently enough, if at all.

pawn Код:
// Receive timeout of one hour (as opposed to three minutes)
IRC_SetIntData(botid, E_IRC_RECEIVE_TIMEOUT, 3600);

is it me or is the channel key joining not working properly? alot of times my bots dont join the channel that has a key set, they only join the other 2 channels, but the bots still send messages to the channel with the key, th ey aren't in the channel but the channel is seeing the messages. A way to fix this is to remove the key temporary for the bots to join then turn it back on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito
Посмотреть сообщение
Try increasing the receive timeout for each bot. Some networks apparently don't send PING messages frequently enough, if at all.

pawn Код:
// Receive timeout of one hour (as opposed to three minutes)
IRC_SetIntData(botid, E_IRC_RECEIVE_TIMEOUT, 3600);
I had already done this as I seen someone else post this as a possible fix, so far it does appear to be working! Thanks.

Although, it had just started happening after our server (which is running Fedora) had switched to a new dedicated machine (which is running CentOS). Both servers are running the same version of the IRC server software, so I'm not sure why the new one wouldn't be sending a ping message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
is it me or is the channel key joining not working properly? alot of times my bots dont join the channel that has a key set, they only join the other 2 channels, but the bots still send messages to the channel with the key, th ey aren't in the channel but the channel is seeing the messages. A way to fix this is to remove the key temporary for the bots to join then turn it back on
I had just tested this and it works fine for me. Maybe you are inputting the wrong key for the channels? Alternatively, invite-only may be enabled on the channel, the bot won't be able to join (even with a valid key) unless it is invited into the channel.

How many bots are needed for a regular echo channel with deaths, messages and commands?
May be a stupid question but im an absolute noob to irc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFusion
Посмотреть сообщение
How many bots are needed for a regular echo channel with deaths, messages and commands?
May be a stupid question but im an absolute noob to irc
My server uses 1 bot for everything, works fine.

Awesoooome!

Iґve got trouble with it.

I see those lines in server-log

[00:07:29] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:07:29] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:07:30] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:07:31] *** IRC Plugin: Could not connect to maple.nl.eu.gtanet.com:6667 (Connection timed out)
[00:07:44] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:07:44] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:07:45] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:07:59] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:07:59] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:08:00] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:08:03] *** IRC Plugin: Could not connect to maple.nl.eu.gtanet.com:6667 (Connection timed out)
[00:08:15] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:08:15] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:08:16] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:08:16] *** IRC Plugin: Could not connect to maple.nl.eu.gtanet.com:6667 (Connection timed out)
[00:08:30] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:08:30] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:08:31] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:08:34] *** IRC Plugin: Could not connect to maple.nl.eu.gtanet.com:6667 (Connection timed out)
[00:08:46] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:08:46] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:08:47] *** IRC Plugin: Could not connect to maple.nl.eu.gtanet.com:6667 (Connection timed out)
[00:08:50] *** IRC Plugin: Could not connect to maple.nl.eu.gtanet.com:6667 (Connection timed out)
[00:09:01] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:09:01] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:09:02] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:09:16] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:09:17] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:09:17] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:09:32] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:09:32] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:09:34] *** IRC Plugin: Could not connect to maple.nl.eu.gtanet.com:6667 (Connection timed out)
[00:09:47] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:09:47] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:09:48] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:10:03] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:10:03] *** IRC Plugin: Could not resolve server address (No space left on device)
[00:10:05] *** IRC Plugin: Could not connect to maple.nl.eu.gtanet.com:6667 (Connection timed out)

Here is the part I changed in the irc.pwn:

// Name that everyone will see
#define BOT_1_NICKNAME "Random1"
// Name that will only be visible in a whois
#define BOT_1_REALNAME "Random2"
// Name that will be in front of the hostname (username@hostname)
#define BOT_1_USERNAME "Random3"

#define BOT_2_NICKNAME "Whatever1"
#define BOT_2_REALNAME "Whatever2"
#define BOT_2_USERNAME "Whatever3"

#define IRC_SERVER "irc.gtanet.com"
#define IRC_PORT (6667)
#define IRC_CHANNEL "#BBFC"

I use 0777 rights on my samp folder with root as user.
Any idea?

Greets

How to make that Peoples can chat with the IRC Chat when they not in the Server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackazur
Посмотреть сообщение
How to make that Peoples can chat with the IRC Chat when they not in the Server?
You would need to make your server echo the chat to IRC, and make a irccmd that will allow players to send messages to the server (SendClientMessageToAll)

Canґt anybody help me with my problem posted above? I really want to get this working again. But I just canґt :/

Would be very grateful for any help.

Greets

Is the IRC Plugin 0.3x supported cause after the update i cant connect the bots anymore.

I believe there is a memory leak within this plugin.

I did blame the MySQL plugin and after some debugging we got the leak to slow down, but still gradually increase to a high amount (2gb after 24 hours). After some checks I removed the IRC Plugin, natives functions and compiled and loaded my script up. I'm now writing 23.5 hours later and it is now at 60mb which is pretty normal.

It did start at 45mb but to jump to 60 and maintain is pretty fine, although there is probably a small leak in the mysql from that 45 to 60mb, the rest 60-2gb is more than likely the mysql plugin.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Does using the wrong SSL version break it etc?

Regards