[Plugin] IRC Plugin

Very nice, and much much needed. Thanks Incognito!!!

Very nice a working irc plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstabiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito
InstabiC: Make sure that you are not adding bots to the group twice. It is best to add them in IRC_OnConnect and remove them in IRC_OnDisconnect to ensure that this does not happen.
Thank you for the reply.

I now assign the bots into groups under IRC_OnConnect. It seems a little better but when I type the command like 5 times in a row, pretty fast (a second interval?) it still messes up it atleast once. But this is certainly better than it was with Jacob's plugin so thanks a bunch!
That is most likely caused by lag. Incognito can't do much about it if that is indeed the case.

The plugin seems to be unstable on debian. I tried running your default script + default lvdm and then I spammed !say wich made the bots "client exited" after 10 Irc_Say's

Very Good..........

Edit: FUNExtreme, I was able to reproduce your crash on Debian 4/5, but it was only after spamming the same command about 30 times. I will try debugging it later. Thank you for the report.

This looks promising. Might have to convert my IRC Echo bot from Jacobs to this. Out with the old and in with the new

Very Nice Plugin, it works perfectly. I am loving your useful projects that you have created and release, keep them coming

Thanks.

Okay, the crash I spoke of earlier was actually a rather nasty bug in the plugin that caused the server to shut down as soon as any IRC callbacks began to be executed. (As of this edit, my DNS plugin has also been updated to reflect these changes, as it uses the same queuing system.)

I made one other fix and two small additions as well. Here is the changelog:

Quote:

- Fixed bug that crashed the server when internal callback queue began to be filled
- Fixed bug with bots in groups that caused IRC_OnUserSay to not be called for individual private messages
- Added check to IRC_AddToGroup that prevents bots from being added to a group more than once
- Added extra argument to IRC_JoinChannel that lets bots specify a channel key

Download links are on the first page.

Quote:
Thanks.

Okay, the crash I spoke of earlier was actually a rather nasty bug in the plugin that caused the server to shut down as soon as any IRC callbacks began to be executed. (As of this edit, my DNS plugin has also been updated to reflect these changes, as it uses the same queuing system.)

I made one other fix and two small additions as well. Here is the changelog:

Quote:

- Fixed bug that crashed the server when internal callback queue began to be filled
- Fixed bug with bots in groups that caused IRC_OnUserSay to not be called for individual private messages
- Added check to IRC_AddToGroup that prevents bots from being added to a group more than once
- Added extra argument to IRC_JoinChannel that lets bots specify a channel key

Download links are on the first page.
Ah nice work mate, i helped a gaming server setup an irc channel for there sync bots and the bots would keep repeating the last thing it said then crash in most cases hope this fix's it keep up the good work mate

It works

Problem though, it doesn't echo when a user joins or parts sa-mp?

A suggestion:

Make it possible to echo / commands from sa-mp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingszors
It works

A suggestion:

It echos when a player joins or leaves the server what are you on about :S

One suggestion a !players command to list the players on the server like so:

Players (2): [1]sk0t, [2]whoever

[1] and [2] being there ids and (2) being the count of players in the server

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DRuG
sk0t ]
Quote:
It works

A suggestion:

Not for me it doesn't. Tried a brand new server, 2 different IRC networks etc and neither showed the join/part messages. I put a printf on the OnPlayerConnect and it doesn't even seem to be calling it ...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DRuG
sk0t ]
Quote:
It works

A suggestion:

Not for me it doesn't. Tried a brand new server, 2 different IRC networks etc and neither showed the join/part messages. I put a printf on the OnPlayerConnect and it doesn't even seem to be calling it ...
Works fine for me:
<SomeBot>[0] *** [DRuG]sk0t has joined the server.
<AnotherBot>[0] [DRuG]sk0t: Testttt
<SomeBot>[0] [DRuG]sk0t: hello irc channel
<AnotherBot>[0] *** [DRuG]sk0t has left the server. (Leaving)

What version of SA-MP server are you using? .3 ?

What IRC daemon is the network running, and services?

EDIT: Fixed it ...

Good job.
Thanks again.

Quote:
Edit: FUNExtreme, I was able to reproduce your crash on Debian 4/5, but it was only after spamming the same command about 30 times. I will try debugging it later. Thank you for the report.
Thanks for fixing it. Testing it out right now

EDIT: Works like a charm

How about a channel parameter for IRC_OnUserSay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
How about a channel parameter for IRC_OnUserSay?
I believe the parameter recipient[] acts as one.

Hey guys, just quickly made up a script for this that echo's any /commands (Not including rcon).

Not hard to do, but I thought I would share for other people not so great with pawn

Код:
public OnPlayerCommandText(playerid, cmdtext[])
{
	new
		name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME],
		ircCommand[256];
	GetPlayerName(playerid, name, sizeof(name));
	format(ircCommand, sizeof(ircCommand), "02[%i] 07%s: %s", playerid, name, cmdtext);
	IRC_GroupSay(gGroupID, IRC_CHANNEL, ircCommand);
	return false;
}
Just put it under the "SA-MP Callbacks" section ...