SAMP server for MIPS processor?

I run a router at my home with DD-WRT on it (Linux) and I have a flash drive. I was wondering if it would be possible to have someone compile SAMP for the MIPS processor for DD-WRT. This way I would have a server that is on 24/7 without using a lot more power.

possible i guess not sure... why not just host on ur comp? are u like a power freak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMarinoRP
possible i guess not sure... why not just host on ur comp? are u like a power freak?
No, I was jsut wondering if it would be possible for devs to do this. That is just one reason lol. It's also a lot easier than using a server.

We won't be compiling for MIPS because there aren't enough people using MIPS based servers. I also doubt your router has the specs needed to run a decent sized server.

It's not worth me setting up to cross-compile for any platform unless at least 10-20% of server owners required it. I'm sure 99% would still be x86 even if we compiled the server for a different architecture right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegodrules
lol of course i know .... 99% will still be x86 only dude ....
Of course you know what he's talking about, you just repeated exactly what he said

Basically, those two posts (and yes, probably mine too) were just spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye
We won't be compiling for MIPS because there aren't enough people using MIPS based servers. I also doubt your router has the specs needed to run a decent sized server.

It's not worth me setting up to cross-compile for any platform unless at least 10-20% of server owners required it. I'm sure 99% would still be x86 even if we compiled the server for a different architecture right now.
The router I am going to be getting has a 533MHz processor, 128MB of ram, and USB for swap lol, but I understand. Thanks anyway