Do different wheels change vehicle handling?

As the post states, I want to hear your opinions/facts about different rims for GTA San Andreas.

Do offroad rims have better grip on surfaces? Are rims only for visual upgrades or do they affect the gameplay? Hmmm.

I haven't seen or felt the difference myself.

yeah i dont think so, i think its just a visual thing
the gta sa engine doesnt have physics like that

Id put my money on visual only.

WeeDarr

I've noticed that handling actually may change slightly when you change the vehicle model, so I'd assume if that's possible, this is also possible.

Not the speed or anything like that, but its general handling.

You mean like the difference between something like a turismo and sandking?

WeeDarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeDarr
You mean like the difference between something like a turismo and sandking?

WeeDarr
Somewhat yes, the speed doesn't change, but something definately feels different handling wise.

If you look at the handling.cfg then it may say something about wheels, I doubt it though...

WeeDarr

Ok, cheers for your comments, at AX we've always banned Offroad rims but I think they are no harm now.

This probably isn't true... but maybe when you use off-road rims, you mentally drive better and react better, because you think that they are supposed to increase handling, when in turn they do not?

CodeMatrix

No, rims doesn't effect handling of cars, but the cars themselves have difference in handling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeDarr
If you look at the handling.cfg then it may say something about wheels, I doubt it though...

WeeDarr
Yes, in handling.cfg, every cars handling, weight, weight while turning the car, brakes and suspension is saved.

Regards, Adil.

Ye i really suspect that the wheels type changes the car grip. A drifter friend of mine said he could drift better wen using "rimshine" and "switch" wheels.

i also notice that i race better without custom rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy™
i also notice that i race better without custom rims
same

Introduction

Yes, wheels do change the vehicles handling skill.

These are all from personal experiences and opinions, however the handling stats have agreed with them in the handling configurations.

Information about testing

These wheels were all tested on the same vehicle; Premier.

Wheel Statistics - Opinionated

Cutter - 4/10
Less grip. It has a fantastic design, but a low grip, it can take corners. My team and I find this one used best for straight drag racing.

Rimshine - 5/10
Same as the standard vehicle wheels. No change, which what we found it as.

Offroad - 10/10
Handling, speed and aggression. We have looked into them, they slightly increase the speed of going up hills and the turning whilst turning on and off roads.

Mega - 5/10

Access - 9/10
Very good grip and speed, mixed with a combination. Not so good at off-road, but great when it comes to turning and accelerating.

Grove - 3/10
Useless, terrible at handling and bad at offroading. However, they are stylish! I give 3 points.

The rest, we have not tested and/or they are the same as Mega.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG2
Посмотреть сообщение
Introduction

Yes, wheels do change the vehicles handling skill.

These are all from personal experiences and opinions, however the handling stats have agreed with them in the handling configurations.

Information about testing

These wheels were all tested on the same vehicle; Premier.

Wheel Statistics - Opinionated

Cutter - 4/10
Less grip. It has a fantastic design, but a low grip, it can take corners. My team and I find this one used best for straight drag racing.

Rimshine - 5/10

Offroad - 10/10
Handling, speed and aggression. We have looked into them, they slightly increase the speed of going up hills and the turning whilst turning on and off roads.

Mega - 5/10

Access - 9/10
Very good grip and speed, mixed with a combination. Not so good at off-road, but great when it comes to turning and accelerating.

Grove - 3/10
Useless, terrible at handling and bad at offroading. However, they are stylish! I give 3 points.

The rest, we have not tested and/or they are the same as Mega.
Nice job. 5 Years ago that was posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolated
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice job. 5 Years ago that was posted.
Still a nice thing to know if this really is an objective effect and not just subjective.

Thank you, NRG2, good informations, though you could make a topic instead bump an old thread.

Even if it's a old thread anyways i never knew this until i seen this thread so thank's for letting me know.

Sorry but most of you are pretty much wrong, especially you NRG2.

There are 2 types of wheels that change handling in GTA.

1. Offroad Wheels
2. Every other wheel.

Only offroad wheels change handling. All the other wheel have EXACTLY the same statistics.

Vehicles have different wheel handling values. Some tyres on certain vehicles are wider, some are thiner, some are bigger. These actually do have effects in GTA:SA, don't be fooled this engine doesn't suck like you think it does.

Rockstar calls the brighter lights from mod shops 'Halogen lights'.