Designing Templates In Photoshop

So, anyone of you could tell me what size should I use to design a template in Photoshop? I mean height and width. I'm tried of searching but no luck.

template for what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett7
template for what?
Website template.

Oh yay, I just thought, I'm helping you in PS instead of you helping me yay (OFFTOPIC: Go on msn D
Depends what you want, this one you don't have to scroll down on.

750pixels and height of 450px.

My New comming soon Mrkrabz.net theme is uhh..

980px by 178px

And that is

http://www.mrkrabz.net/Theme/website.html

980 x 178 px LOL maybe for the size of your header

i would go for 1200 x 1000px or 1024 x 768, 1200 is better becuase most people now on are higher resolution screens.

if your going fixed width i would do a 920px guide setup in the middle, it seems to be the most common size, although recently ive been using 980 and 860px fixed widths

What about 1024 width and 1000 height? Fixed width and scrollable height. I think I'm liking it.
And what about cutting? D: How do you guys do that?

fixed width just simply means that the width of the page like where the text is located is fixed to a certain size(example 600px) , if it wasnt it would extend all the way out and all the way down. usually fixed width is centered, by doing margin: 0 auto; inside the wrapper

cutting, you can use slicing or you can use cropping, i prefer cropping more, becuase you just crop it out, save it , and go back using the history tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafay
What about 1024 width and 1000 height? Fixed width and scrollable height. I think I'm liking it.
And what about cutting? D: How do you guys do that?
Rafay, the best designing height and width are 900 by 900. Then make that fixed, so the browser can be moved for all screen sizes.

I ment Pixles.

px = pixels