SetDisabledWeapons()

As this is a discussion forum, I wanted to ask, why was it removed? It really was a useful function and saved me a lot of code, now I have to create another way of preventing weapon hacks (already know what I'm going to do, but..).. So, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
As this is a discussion forum, I wanted to ask, why was it removed? It really was a useful function and saved me a lot of code, now I have to create another way of preventing weapon hacks (already know what I'm going to do, but..).. So, why?
Use OnPlayerUpdate and create your own SetDisabledWeapons ?

It should be in, I don't understand why it got removed. And answers like 'make yours'..Come on..

Why the hell would you make yours if you could type that code in 5 seconds.

If it was my guess it probably caused some issues with other things or something. I don't think they would remove it if it worked fine with everything. There was probably some bug it caused when used or something. That's my guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavamike
If it was my guess it probably caused some issues with other things or something. I don't think they would remove it if it worked fine with everything. There was probably some bug it caused when used or something. That's my guess
I agree but it'd be good if they'd say the reason. All we know is just that it was removed - Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeChio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavamike
I agree but it'd be good if they'd say the reason. All we know is just that it was removed - Period.
Would be nice to know, even though I never used it

Here you are.
pawn Code:
#define DISABLED_WEAPONS 35, 36, 37, 38

public OnPlayerUpdate(playerid)
{
 #if defined DISABLED_WEAPONS
 new weapon = GetPlayerWeapon(playerid);

switch(weapon)
 {
  case DISABLED_WEAPONS:
  {
   GivePlayerWeapon(playerid, weapon, -GetPlayerAmmo(playerid));
   return 0;
  }
 }
 #endif

return 1;
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balon
Here you are.
pawn Code:
#define DISABLED_WEAPONS 35, 36, 37, 38

public OnPlayerUpdate(playerid)
{
 #if defined DISABLED_WEAPONS
 new weapon = GetPlayerWeapon(playerid);

switch(weapon)
 {
  case DISABLED_WEAPONS:
  {
   GivePlayerWeapon(playerid, weapon, -GetPlayerAmmo(playerid));
   return 0;
  }
 }
 #endif

return 1;
}
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmehBoy
Quote:
Use OnPlayerUpdate and create your own SetDisabledWeapons ?
Guys, he never asked for a new solution, he was just asking if the devs/testers or whatever could say why they removed it. AND he said:

Quote:
now I have to create another way of preventing weapon hacks (already know what I'm going to do, but..)

i never used this function. imo this thing was stupid, i just ban them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doerfler
i never used this function. imo this thing was stupid, i just ban them!
Using it for the camera/goggles meant that it wasn't stupid.

I don't see reason removing this function, it took just 1 line. OnPlayerUpdate it takes more lines. This doesn't makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaTrIx4057
This doesn't makes sense.
If it was removed then it probably does because i doubt they would remove it without a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Correlli
Quote:
This doesn't makes sense.
If it was removed then it probably does because i doubt they would remove it without a reason.
I'm not 100% sure, but i think it was removed to use more
Code:
OnPlayerUpdate
. I may be wrong, but that is what i think.

Quote:

I don't see reason removing this function, it took just 1 line. OnPlayerUpdate it takes more lines. This doesn't makes sense.

:O What a stupid thinking. It took one line in your code, but it took many more lines in the server code.

Quote:
Code:
OnPlayerUpdate
That doesn't make sense, everyone is trying to avoid the usage of OnPlayerUpdate because of the lag.

Quote:

Everything has sense.

Quote:
Quote:
Code:
OnPlayerUpdate
That doesn't make sense, everyone is trying to avoid the usage of OnPlayerUpdate because of the lag.
When they script things properly there wont be any lag using OnPlayerUpdate :S. Or atleast, players wont notice anything.

Quote:
When they script things properly there wont be any lag using OnPlayerUpdate :S. Or atleast, players wont notice anything.
Try and script 2k or more code properly at OnPlayerUpdate. The problem is that OnPlayerUpdate callback isn't good for big codes.

Quote:
Quote:
Try and script 2k or more code properly at OnPlayerUpdate. The problem is that OnPlayerUpdate callback isn't good for big codes.
Who said something about 2k code.