Complaint about new CreatePickup

Hello

I have a really big problem with the new CreatePickup Virtual World Parameter.
I need my Pickups in every VirtualWorld and since the new Parameter has come my script totally fucked up.

I cant place Pickups for EVERY VW since it would be too much work, confusion and it would exceed the Pickup Limit.
I think the new CreatePickup should be renamed to CreatePickupEx and the old one should be restored.

This is a serious problem since many scripts uses VW and Pickups.
I hope there is some good solution soon

Use a for statment to detect if there is a player in that Virtual world then if they are create a pickup in that location.

By detecting if a player is in that given world Or even within 100 meters it will cut down on the amount of pickup's uses and reduce server resorces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin974
Use a for statment to detect if there is a player in that Virtual world then if they are create a pickup in that location.

By detecting if a player is in that given world Or even within 100 meters it will cut down on the amount of pickup's uses and reduce server resorces.
Thats not possible with my Pickup/Interior System...

Maybe there could be like e.g. -1 for all worlds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by » Pawnst★r «
The fuck? Just use the old one ... I have objects/pickups in my GM I made no changes to them and they still work, and it still compiles perfectly.
But if someone uses e.g. a pickup in like 4 virtual worlds? If you pick it up in virtual world number 1 it gives u $1. In virtual world nr. 2 $2 and so on?

CreatePickup doesn't require the VirtualWorld parameter to be filled in, and I assume if it's not filled in, it will resume displaying in all worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
CreatePickup doesn't require the VirtualWorld parameter to be filled in, and I assume if it's not filled in, it will resume displaying in all worlds.
Well but it doenst
It only shows at VW 0

Then change your system and quit complaining. The pickup limits have increased by more than three times, so surely you can allow pickups to show in every available world for the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
Then change your system and quit complaining. The pickup limits have increased by more than three times, so surely you can allow pickups to show in every available world for the player.

A scripting RC is to find bugs and things people dont like. I have a right to complain but I have no right to say "Kye must do something".
Its just a complain and I think it will help making 0.3 better. If Kye dont wants to make something wich displays the pickups in all VWs then he dont wants it but I am suggesting it to put it back into SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebihunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_

A scripting RC is to find bugs and things people dont like. I have a right to complain but I have no right to say "Kye must do something".
Its just a complain and I think it will help making 0.3 better. If Kye dont wants to make something wich displays the pickups in all VWs then he dont wants it but I am suggesting it to put it back into SA-MP.
He could maybe add -1 to show the pickup in all virtual worlds.