Bugs (1st thread RC3-RC6)

From what I've seen most of the bugs from 0.2 are still here, plus some additional bugs in the new features.

Bugs:
  • The default gamemode assumes people in spec are selecting their city
  • AllowPlayerTeleport() doesn't work
  • strins still has buffer overflows
  • strval doesn't seem to crash anymore for long string but returns the wrong value (0)
  • floatstr returns 0.0 for long strings
  • valstr(string, cellmax) causes an infinite loop
  • StartRecordingPlayerData can save files anywhere (..\..\test)
About the bots, it would be useful if there was some way to communicate with them from filterscripts, then we'd be able to save race records and play them back and stuff like that. Recordings should be saved to the npcmodes folder, they're useless in the scriptfiles folder (not that it really matters because setting the location to "..\\npcmodes\\recordings\\file" works).

[b]ONLY REPORT BUGS HERE, ALL OTHER POSTS WILL BE REMOVED[b]

also when you exit the car(i tryed it with 2 skins) and keeping key SPACE pressed you exit the car and the car just 'turns on' and goes forward for like 10 meter's and the camera is following it...and when it stops the camera sets back on your character :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabombber
  • The default gamemode assumes people in spec are selecting their city
Correct. If you need additional spectator mode you would have to change this script.

Quote:
  • AllowPlayerTeleport() doesn't work
Correct. AllowPlayerTeleport only works if AllowAdminTeleport is enabled.

Quote:
  • strins still has buffer overflows
More info?

Quote:
  • strval doesn't seem to crash anymore for long string but returns the wrong value (0)
Correct. It can't process big numbers. There are limits on integers in pawn.

Quote:
That is a legit problem bug that needs to be fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye
Correct. If you need additional spectator mode you would have to change this script.
If that's intentional then... ok. Why does it use OnPlayerUpdate instead of OnPlayerStateChange though, isn't that encouraging bad practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye
Correct. AllowPlayerTeleport only works if AllowAdminTeleport is enabled.
Once again is this intentional? It doesn't seem like a particularly useful feature. I realise that in most cases if a player can teleport then an admin can too, but this assumes admins are using RCON which is not always the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye
More info?
pawn Code:
new string[] = ":(";
    strins(string, ">", 0);
    print(string);
will crash the script

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye
Correct. It can't process big numbers. There are limits on integers in pawn.
Not exactly the problem I was mentioning for example
pawn Code:
strval("123aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa")
will return 0, while
pawn Code:
strval("123aaa")
will return 123, which is inconsistent. This is the same bug that floatstr has.

I think strval has internal isNumeric function and it will be logical to process only numbers
Also it first get string length then do check for max length and then process

#strins buffer overflow
pawn Code:
strins(string, ">", 0);
print(string);
Isn't this a good thing? It gives you, as the coder, an idea on how to deal with strings, etc. For example, if there's part of a string missing (that you need), unintentional things *might* happen. I'd rather have a crash instead of unintentional behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by /^We(stie|z+[e|a
r)$/ ]
#strins buffer overflow
pawn Code:
strins(string, ">", 0);
print(string);
Isn't this a good thing? It gives you, as the coder, an idea on how to deal with strings, etc. For example, if there's part of a string missing (that you need), unintentional things *might* happen. I'd rather have a crash instead of unintentional behaviour.
I think crashing is undesirable, if you need the string to be valid then you will have some other method of checking it rather than hoping the script will crash if it's too long. Besides the function has a maxlength parameter, so you would expect it to not overflow.
pawn Code:
native bool: strins(string[], const substr[], pos, maxlength=sizeof string);
Consider something like
pawn Code:
strreplace(string, "1", "one");
which is better: the string being truncated, or the script crashing?

EDIT: oh god, why is this still here
pawn Code:
// Take Cover
    if (strcmp("/hide", cmdtext, true, 3) == 0) {
        LoopingAnim(playerid, "ped", "cower", 3.0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0); // Taking Cover
        return 1;
    }

While playing the new release beta, Ive noticed when you exit a car and press and hold forward+sprint you exit the car but the car moves forawrd for a split second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kye
Quote:
That is a legit problem bug that needs to be fixed. Thanks for reporting.
Wouldn't it be more practical for NPC's to be able to be recorded ingame, then activated without any outside work?

Spawning a train and then spawning another vehicle next to it deletes a part of the train:

Here is the spawned train:

Now I spawned an Infernus next to it(the dark infernus was already there):

It also produces a warning message:

Bug:

Trying to connect no respone
retrying
your banned from this servwer

I wasnt banned there!

printf doesn't seem to work in NPC scripts, but I know they're being called as I can write to files in the functions in which they're in - unless it goes somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeyman_EST
Spawning a train and then spawning another vehicle next to it deletes a part of the train:
You must create trains with AddStaticVehicle, not CreateVehicle

Car moves sometimes forward when exiting it.
Cars are very choppy when many people are on it (even with good ping)

maby not a bug but the playerchat text looks like you have a wrong resolution ( i use a 19inch screen )

GetVehicleTrailer doesn't return the vehicleid of carriages attached to trains.
Using PutPlayerInVehicle to put a player in a train causes the camera to be stuck on the train when the player exits.

I'm also getting randomly put into spawn selection on death without pressing f4 for some reason.

I don't know if it's a bug, but SetPlayerVelocity's z>1 will have effect as z was set to 1.

You die all the time while doing a Gamemode Restart

SA-MP 0.3 RC3 "Vehicle Moving" Bug
Vehicle starts moving forward when pressing down Sprint while exiting a vehicle.

RepairVehicle doesn't work properly on planes.