Port error

whenever I have to add a port to be 7777
either q has the number 7, ie all the numbers equal, or that has number 8, and others, appears
(Retrieving info ...)

only has one port type that go wrong in 1337, 2009, 3022 ...
anyone know the reason

I have no idea what you're sayin.

Please be more specific. I can't tell if you are talking about simply connecting to a server or port forwarding a home server....

I'm talking about a simple connection to a server

see this image

Ok, I'm assuming this is on the Internet Tab List.

I even ******d this issue and didn't come up with a thing. It all had to do with port forwarding and setting up your own home server that others could join....which is something I could help with lol, but not this.

I'm not sure what your problem is. Is your windows firewall or an antivirus program blocking SA:MP from accessing other servers? Make sure it is allowed through your firewall. Also, try to get a new IP address. There are a number of ways to do this, but if you have a static IP you will be limited in what you can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sern
Ok, I'm assuming this is on the Internet Tab List.

I even ******d this issue and didn't come up with a thing. It all had to do with port forwarding and setting up your own home server that others could join....which is something I could help with lol, but not this.

I'm not sure what your problem is. Is your windows firewall or an antivirus program blocking SA:MP from accessing other servers? Make sure it is allowed through your firewall. Also, try to get a new IP address. There are a number of ways to do this, but if you have a static IP you will be limited in what you can do.
can u help me? I have the 192.168 nightmare >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by braduz
I can try. It's not easy to help without being able to see someone's configuration. You can search ******* as well but unfortunately there's only 1 or 2 videos out of a few dozen that are truly helpful for this.

I first recommend viewing this topic, http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=72147.0, on how to set up a home samp server. If you are finished with the stages on that post then review and do the following, if you haven't already.

1. Make sure you have SAMP Server. This can be found in the download area of www.sa-mp.com
2. If you are running vista make sure the programs you are using are set to admin programs via Properties > Compatibility tab of the exe Program.
3. Put this IP Address in your favorites tab of SAMP. 127.0.0.1:7777
4. Properly Configure your server.cfg File
5. Go into your routers configuration panel. Default user name and pass is usually "admin"

If your router is set to mostly default settings you should be fine to skip some parts.

6. Click a tab/link in your router config area. Mine is called "Applications & Gaming"
7. You should see "Application" Type in the name of the application you are port forwarding. In this case, "SAMP"
8. For "Start" "End" put 7777 for both. This is the port range for samp. 7777 is the default and that's all you need.
9. For "Protocol" Select "Both"
10. Open Command Prompt and type in "ipconfig"
11. Look for something similar to "IPv4 Address" It should come out with an IP such as, 192.168.1.103
12. Whatever the last 3 numbers are after 192.168.1. add them to your router config panel under IP Addresses. Where it says, "IP Addresses" 192.168.1.[Blank]
13. Make sure the check box is selected for, "Enable"
14. Hit SAVE!

Almost done.

15. Go to whatismyip.com and copy your IP address as it shows.
16. Paste that IP into a notepad file on your desktop or another location you won't forget.
17. Add ":7777" to the end of your IP address and save it.

Now, if someone wants to join your home server.

1. Run sampserver in the background. Check SAMP to make sure the server shows as online.
2. Send them your IP address in the notepad with ":7777" added to the ending.

If that doesn't work then you did something wrong. If you still have problems after doing the above and viewing the other post reply and I will try to find that ******* vid for you. But don't think the video is any easier. I laid it out for you here.

Good Luck.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by braduz
I can try. It's not easy to help without being able to see someone's configuration. You can search ******* as well but unfortunately there's only 1 or 2 videos out of a few dozen that are truly helpful for this.

I first recommend viewing this topic, http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=72147.0, on how to set up a home samp server. If you are finished with the stages on that post then review and do the following, if you haven't already.

1. Make sure you have SAMP Server. This can be found in the download area of www.sa-mp.com
2. If you are running vista make sure the programs you are using are set to admin programs via Properties > Compatibility tab of the exe Program.
3. Put this IP Address in your favorites tab of SAMP. 127.0.0.1:7777
4. Properly Configure your server.cfg File
5. Go into your routers configuration panel. Default user name and pass is usually "admin"

If your router is set to mostly default settings you should be fine to skip some parts.

6. Click a tab/link in your router config area. Mine is called "Applications & Gaming"
7. You should see "Application" Type in the name of the application you are port forwarding. In this case, "SAMP"
8. For "Start" "End" put 7777 for both. This is the port range for samp. 7777 is the default and that's all you need.
9. For "Protocol" Select "Both"
10. Open Command Prompt and type in "ipconfig"
11. Look for something similar to "IPv4 Address" It should come out with an IP such as, 192.168.1.103
12. Whatever the last 3 numbers are after 192.168.1. add them to your router config panel under IP Addresses. Where it says, "IP Addresses" 192.168.1.[Blank]
13. Make sure the check box is selected for, "Enable"
14. Hit SAVE!

Almost done.

15. Go to whatismyip.com and copy your IP address as it shows.
16. Paste that IP into a notepad file on your desktop or another location you won't forget.
17. Add ":7777" to the end of your IP address and save it.

Now, if someone wants to join your home server.

1. Run sampserver in the background. Check SAMP to make sure the server shows as online.
2. Send them your IP address in the notepad with ":7777" added to the ending.

If that doesn't work then you did something wrong. If you still have problems after doing the above and viewing the other post reply and I will try to find that ******* vid for you. But don't think the video is any easier. I laid it out for you here.

Good Luck.
TYVM but i dont understand the [ 12. Whatever the last 3 numbers are after 192.168.1. add them to your router config panel under IP Addresses. Where it says, "IP Addresses" 192.168.1.[Blank]

Ok.

Step 12. After you have copied the IP from your Command Prompt, something like 192.168.1.[whatever yours is here], paste the last 3 numbers into your internet router config panel under IP Addresses.

Your internet router config panel should be pre-configured with "192.168.1." Then you will see a blank space after that. This is where you put in the last 3 numbers from the above Command Prompt. Again, in your command prompt it would look something like, "192.168.1.103" The numbers in red are what you want to copy into your router config panel.

Under "Applications & Gaming" or similar labeled category you should see a column saying, "IP Addresses". Underneath it should look like, "192.168.1.Blank Box Here" In that blank box is where you input the last 3 numbers found in your Command Prompt. This tells the router to let a connection pass through that port so outside users can connect. If this is not configured properly it just won't work.

I probably repeated myself a lot here but there's only so many ways you can put it. And I'm just not sure how else to say it. If you need help after that I would look on ******* for tutorials on "Port Forwarding your Router".

Visual help is often a much better aid. It surely is for me.

Quote:
Ok.

Step 12. After you have copied the IP from your Command Prompt, something like 192.168.1.[whatever yours is here], paste the last 3 numbers into your internet router config panel under IP Addresses.

Your internet router config panel should be pre-configured with "192.168.1." Then you will see a blank space after that. This is where you put in the last 3 numbers from the above Command Prompt. Again, in your command prompt it would look something like, "192.168.1.103" The numbers in red are what you want to copy into your router config panel.

Under "Applications & Gaming" or similar labeled category you should see a column saying, "IP Addresses". Underneath it should look like, "192.168.1.Blank Box Here" In that blank box is where you input the last 3 numbers found in your Command Prompt. This tells the router to let a connection pass through that port so outside users can connect. If this is not configured properly it just won't work.

I probably repeated myself a lot here but there's only so many ways you can put it. And I'm just not sure how else to say it. If you need help after that I would look on ******* for tutorials on "Port Forwarding your Router".

Visual help is often a much better aid. It surely is for me.
allready have forwarded :S i need to loose the fukin 192.168 its sooo annoying