T-Mobile Internet Dongle

Hi,

I'm using a T-Mobile Internet Dongle with like 3.6mps speed Until my normal internet returns..

I'll soon be upgrading to a 3 NetworkDongle as they are a lot faster.

Would it affect the game and use up all my 3GB allowence on the T-Mobile Dongle If i played SA:MP?

Ash

It will probably affect your experience in-game. Also, seeing as that allowance is quite low, it's a possibility you will use up your allowance depending on how much you use it and various other factors.

The advertised speeds on Mobile Broadband are far from what you can expect in the real world. In addition, prepare to experience latency of approximately 100-500ms

Thanks for the advice guys

I tried SA:MP on my O2 dongle a while back - slow as hell, 600 ping on a UK server with MSN on. I live less than a mile from my nearest signal mask. Use your dongle for things like messenger and be careful on how you use your allocated space, I feel your pain, I had to use one for a bit.

Only 3GB allowance? I'm pretty sure that would run out fast!

It's lasted a while so far, had it a couple of months on it most of the time when I aint at Cadets or out with mates and I'm only on summing like 80% usage.

the problem with these sticks is they have randomized ip addresses that are never used (ex, in Canada they use ip's from the northern territories), so playing on a samp server becomes extremly difficult latency wise, but bandwith wise ive found my stick to use around 50mb for every hour of playing

I wouldn't go for a 3 dongle if I were you ;o

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLinx
the problem with these sticks is they have randomized ip addresses that are never used (ex, in Canada they use ip's from the northern territories), so playing on a samp server becomes extremly difficult latency wise, but bandwith wise ive found my stick to use around 50mb for every hour of playing
The latency is more due to the protocol used to communicate with the towers, the towers routing to the network-ops-center (NOC), and the lag typically associated with two-way radio communications, which is what this is. There is SO much error-correcting going on at the tower, and then at the next tower, then the next tower, etc that you probably won't ever see <300ms ping even if you were close to the tower. Also, the IPs might be registered to the northern territories, but that doesn't neccesarily mean its routing to the northern territories.

Kieren: that post was completely unhelpful to him. Any reasons WHY he shouldn't?