[DISCUSSION] Are donations for IG money smart?

So I thought I should start a little discussion here.
The question:

"Is it smart to allow your members to donate PayPal money in order to gain advantages in form of in-game money?"

I remember when I was at Project RP's server, and people had like half a billion dollars in the bank and getting a million dollars in interest alone each payday, as a result of people donating a lot of money only to get money in-game.
It might be smart for the admins as they'll get "lots" of cash, but how smart is it really to allow this?
I can't understand how new players will ever come to server where a lot of the users got their bank account filled up with money. Don't they understand that they'll only be that rich if they donate a lot of cash too?
I rarely join servers which allows this kind a advantages. I think it's a form of metagaming to use OOC resources to get resources in-game.

What are your thoughts about this?

It'll destroy the economy, thus a lot of people will get pissed and leave. Not a good idea, in my opinion.

Yeah we had it in our server in the first version, didn't go out so well. 2nd version, after i became owner i decided to make the donations scripted stuff, such as like no time for /ads, costs nothing for /ads, costs nothing for gas, get a little more Interest Rate than normal, get more drugs than you get from like planting weed etc just be creative, and trust me people will still donate.

and yeah lol this is Project RP i am talking about .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarkien
"Is it smart to allow your members to donate PayPal money in order to gain advantages in form of in-game money?"
Yes it is smart but if you claim money for things like: 'chatting' (for Example!) You will loose people that are playing at you, but if you want to earn some extra money, than yes it is smart but i suggest that you make 'special' options for your players, like in RP an extra house or business

its not smart there money hackers....