Voice Chat

Voice Chat is another way of makin it easier to talk instead of takin ages just to make a sentences
so i think its a greate idea to make Voice Chat

If the server your playing on have,
mIRC, TeamSpeak or Ventrillo.

You can talk to them if somebody is on.

It would be extremely difficult to code a voice chat layer into SA-MP. You're much better off using an external program such as TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, etc to communicate.

Voice chat? Imposible.
Use a external program.

500 players talking at same time? OMFG!

Not only the server will become laggy, but also there will be a lot of spam...

Buy a Ventrilo or TeamSpeak server instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soueu

Do you think all the server will have 500 players? And all of the 500 players will have microphone? But i agree at the point that everyone will speak together. Even 50players is a lot of spam. But is it so difficult to get coded? Many games have in-game communication. What about Left 4 Dead, Counter Strike, Half Life. I am not game maker so i dont know... just saying. Buying a ventrilo or teamspeak is not an easy solution. Do you think everyone has the money to buy sa-mp server and a voice server together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DK
AzaxYo ]
Quote:

Do you think all the server will have 500 players? And all of the 500 players will have microphone? But i agree at the point that everyone will speak together. Even 50players is a lot of spam. But is it so difficult to get coded? Many games have in-game communication. What about Left 4 Dead, Counter Strike, Half Life. I am not game maker so i dont know... just saying. Buying a ventrilo or teamspeak is not an easy solution. Do you think everyone has the money to buy sa-mp server and a voice server together?
In those games, the voice is normally restricted to team. It works well in L4D because there are just 4 of you. You'll notice that on larger servers most people don't use the mic because it would be absolute chaos.

The only feasable solution would be to limit it by radius so only players within a certain distance could hear you.

If SA-MP servers did have voice, it is likely that providers would charge more since it uses more resources, hence costing the hoster more to host.

It's extremely unlikely anything like this would be implemented soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DK
AzaxYo ]
Quote:

If SA-MP servers did have voice, it is likely that providers would charge more since it uses more resources, hence costing the hoster more to host.
I didnt think about that. Also the hoster would need more internet speed to control it...
sa-mp doesnt need voice chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DK
AzaxYo ]
Quote:

In those games, the voice is normally restricted to team. It works well in L4D because there are just 4 of you. You'll notice that on larger servers most people don't use the mic because it would be absolute chaos.

The only feasable solution would be to limit it by radius so only players within a certain distance could hear you.

It's extremely unlikely anything like this would be implemented soon.
Just what i was going to say : radius.

The maximum that is possible is make a plugin that works with a software like mumble, because with teamspeak it would be hard (but it is in fact possible with the Teamspeak SDK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DK
AzaxYo ]
Quote:

Already wise that someone was going to say that.

But, who knows? (I always hope the better :P)
I'm just trying to explain that too many players speaking at same time will become confusing.

Well, TeamSpeak and Ventrilo Servers prices aren't so that expensive...
Also, You can always host a server in your computer.

PS: There are other solutions, for example: Steam.
You can make a group in Steam Community and invite people to a group chat.