Question ....

Huhu,
I've a question about the images in the wiki.
I would make a Webscript for my Game-Server...
It is allowed to use the images there or not?

MFG Pillepalle

PS: Sorry for my bad English I'am German!

i think its better that you ask there at wiki

I think that he is asking if he is allowed to put images from wiki on his website. Since wiki doesn't have hotlink protection and no rule says you aren't allowed, I think can are allowed to do that.

Well I THINK (just my opinion) that you will be allowed to, but you deffinitely are not allowed to direct link images to your website (more bandwidth for sa-mp.com)

I would save the pictures on my own WebSpace than it's allowed or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillepalle
I would save the pictures on my own WebSpace than it's allowed or not?
Yeah, of course it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker
Well I THINK (just my opinion) that you will be allowed to, but you deffinitely are not allowed to direct link images to your website (more bandwidth for sa-mp.com)
There is no rule or hotlink protection which wouldn't allow you to put images on yourwebsite directly from sa-mp.com, so I guess they don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergiy
There is no rule or hotlink protection which wouldn't allow you to put images on yourwebsite directly from sa-mp.com, so I guess they don't mind.
Just because there is no hotlink protection, doesn't mean you're allowed to. Many websites don't put hotlink protection on, but i'm sure they'd be pretty annoyed if you did hotlink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergiy
Just because there is no hotlink protection, doesn't mean you're allowed to. Many websites don't put hotlink protection on, but i'm sure they'd be pretty annoyed if you did hotlink.
I am sure we are talking about SA:MP official wiki in this topic since asking questions about any third party wiki would make no sense if it wasn't defined otherwise by topic starter.

There is no rule published on the SA:MP official websites that you are not allowed to direct link graphic contents from official SA:MP wiki. Hotlink protection is only second option which I have mentioned in my post.

Conclusion is that you are allowed to direct link pictures from SA:MP wiki since SA:MP community leadership seems not to be affected because there is no official rule against that or any other kind of protection to restrict such actions.

Simple language: Other sites are hotlinking pictures from SA:MP wiki too, so you are allowed to do that probably :P