Samp running on laptop?

Hello my comp is broken atm, so i im now on laptop but does gta samp run on these settings? Gta Sa on "Can you run it"

and does it work if i install both gta sa and samp on external hard drive also?

It would run it, but i would expect on low/very low detail.

The video card isn't very good, so don't expect too much.

It should run ok-ish.

Actually expect it to lag horribly. This video card using "shared ram" which really hinders the performance. Trust me on this one, even on Low settings/16 bit color it will seem to have random "hiccups" that make it a pain to enjoy samp imo. I had to use laptops during most of my scripting of Los Santos Apocalypse and testing was a real pain.

Just lower your GFX Quality to low and decrease the draw distance a bit and you're all good. But I advise you like not to be signed on MSN or have anything else loading when playing it.

My PC is pretty ancient, it's a 1.92GHZ, 512MB Ram with a graphics card built-in my motherboard and it runs fine with low settings. :P

Yes but if that's not a laptop you are forgetting that power is reduced i.e performance even when plugged in. So its not the same even if the speed rating are similar.

It works on my laptop it's a lil laggy but you can easily play and realise it's not there.

I run SAMP and my server with 100 Mbit network connection and Laptop. It works excellent. No problems

Yes it may but in Ripes case 512 of ram with half set to the video card, is only leaving him with 256megs for the OS and GTA which means half of the game that normally loads to ram will be force to be loaded from the pagefile thus causing HD read/write "hiccups" which while driving can make you want to pull your hair out from time to time....

For smoother game play get at least a gig of ram, 2 gigs if you can afford it.

If you upgrade to 1Gb it would be better. Seeing your configuration I think it's a netbook? If so, it has small screen, so you probably can get less lag with it