How to port forward. -=By MLK=-

Ok theres a lot of people who dont know how to port forward so heres a tutorial (Mods please stickey):

Ok first off you want to go to Start>Run>cmd , then type in ipconfig and hit enter you should get something like this:

Once you're there not down the "Default Gateway" and "IP Address".

Now, You are going to want to go to your browser and enter the "Default Gateway" into it, you should be promted with a login and password if you havent changed it before just enter the defaults (will be in the manual or on there website) for a netgear router its : Login: Admin Passwordassword then you will get a page like this:

Ok now on the left menu choose "Services" ,you should get this page:

Ok now click "Add custom service" and you should get a page like this:

Ok for "Name:" put in anything you wish just remember it, For services select UDP from the dropdown menu, and for the "Start Port" and "Finish port" put in the port you want to use for you're samp server (typicaly 7777) put that port in for both box's then click apply now you will get a page like this:

Now you need to click "Add" neer the bottem of the page:

Now you should be greeted with a page like this:

Now for "Services" choose the one you just made before (the name u chose will be there.
For "Action" select "ALLOW allways"
For "Send to LAN Server" enter the the "IP Address" that the cmd give you (see the picture for help), this is the local ip of the pc you want to host you're server off.
Now for "WAN Users just select "Any" and leave the box's "start" and "finish" empty.
And for "Log" select "Always" this way if people try to ddos you or something it logs there ip on the router log.
Then click "Apply" now you should get this page again:

Now check the "Enable" box next to the Service name (the thing you made the name for" if its not allready checked then click Apply, and congratulations you have just port forwarded you're samp server, you just run the server on the computer you're hosting it from and it will now be in the master list and friends can connect just give them you're ip and port!
( you can get you're IP from here http://www.whatismyip.com/
Thanks for reading.
MLK

There's already an port-forwarding topic made,and it's stickied.
BUT,that one DOESN'T have it with pictures,and you know how it is,people like pictures.

Yes, people love pictures, like they're useless without them. Good thinking Karlip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlip
There's already an port-forwarding topic made,and it's stickied.
BUT,that one DOESN'T have it with pictures,and you know how it is,people like pictures.
Yeah, but i couldn't be fked keeping that up to date. People never read it anyway, they just posted in the Server Support sections regardless.

This is great, however not every has the same router as yours which makes it kind of useless too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy.
This is great, however not every has the same router as yours which makes it kind of useless too...
you can just use www.portforward.com

WOW, this was complicated. I know a much more simple way to port forward. And this may not work with all routers. But still its useful some people

cool work thats great or right

Nice, great for learning.

Some people don't got this "feature", for example me: i need to type in "fritz.box" to get into my control panel.
But this is a very nice tutorial, everyone likes pictures ^^