Warning about NB clan, Lop_Dog and GTANet IRC

Recently we had a breach of an account on these forums by the same people who were responsible for leaking the SA-MP 0.2.5 beta. I'm sure everyone is aware these hack attempts and leaks have only lead to delays in further releases of SA-MP.

It it appears that they obtained the password of one of the SA-MP beta testers because he used the same password across sites. We're still investigating which site he used that same password. Our logs indicate that the NB group member known as "Lop_Dog" was responsible for the unauthorised access using several web proxies. Chat logs then indicate NB obtained some private files from our site and attempted to brute force crack the password on them.

NB are based on the GTANet IRC network, which has been a constant source of problems for this mod. I'm recommending users of SA-MP not to associate with this group and do not sign up/register on any of their services. If you use the same password across GTANet IRC or any servers run by anyone associated with NB you should change your password.

SA-MP has always been dedicated to protecting to the security and privacy of its players. Please remember that servers, server providers and people that have been banned from SA-MP are banned for a reason. Associating with these people online is putting yourself at risk.

Lop_Dog was always a problem to SA-MP.

Thank you for that info Kye.

Thanks Kye,will keep an eye out.

Way to go Lop_Dog.

GREAT , noob retards. and even more delays. That just sucks

Just great , thanks for the information, Kye.

Why? Exactly WHY do they have to do it?

2 people think it's fun, 5000 wants to slap those 2 persons, woohoo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [M2S
moe ]
How do you know it is specifically Lop_Dog or even NB that are involved? Seems dodgy...
I guess Kye has his own proofs, but Lop_Dog was the person who leaked SA-MP v0.2.5 so he can't be trusted anyway.

Okay.

Too bad that there are always such people who need to ruin everything