THIS IS TO BIG SERVERS ONLY!

hi erm i was wondering for you guys that have 60 plus players 24/7 like official servers is it a good idea to have my server restart every 5 hours how often do you reset yours??

My server has about 60-80 players average daily, sometimes 100, I usually restart every night, manually for the daily updates, but sometimes I leave it running for a few days.

Are you sure your server has ~60 players? According to Game-Monitor the max is get's is 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xF29323
Are you sure your server has ~60 players? According to Game-Monitor the max is get's is 5.
He wrote that "the big servers" has that, not his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xF29323
He wrote that "the big servers" has that, not his own.
Ah sorry, I misunderstood the question.

lol yeah that server should have been cut off ages ago buts still running lol

x-server left uk hosting or something like that i got to reupdate my server stats n yeah im making my new mode so was wondering weather to make an auto restart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady91
lol yeah that server should have been cut off ages ago buts still running lol

x-server left uk hosting or something like that i got to reupdate my server stats n yeah im making my new mode so was wondering weather to make an auto restart
It always depends on the amount of timers, and the script, a lvdm gamemode can be kept running for about 2-3 weeks, working fine.

wow thats a long time i left mine for about 2 weeks before and when i got back it was fine people were playing it was all good but usely i reset 1 every 2 days.

I noticed a big change in my server usage when I cut down on how many timers I used.

We're restarting regulariy every week, but also in between to load updates or because of server crashes (which are happening quite seldom of late).

150-200 Users in the afternoon (GMT+2)

LS-RP has a low of around 20-30 at night, and around 190-200 players in the day time. The server is up 24/7.