[Tool/Web/Other] [APP] SAM[P]CE - a code editor for SAMP

SAM[P]CE
a code editor for SAMP (well, errm PAWN)
About
San Andreas Multiplayer PAWN Code Editor or SAM[P]CE : advanced multi-PAWN code editor (SAM[P]CE) is yet another code editor, created to ease the process of developing PAWN scripts for SAMP. This editor has many features and they can also be expanded through the use of plugins.

I created this code editor, due to the lack of PAWN editors, especially for SAMP. Most of them however, are no longer developed or lack features that are useful. Also, another reason is due to the fact that many applications released for SAMP, like teleport generators and whatnots, should not be separate applications at all! They could be easily incorporated and given direct access to the code editor itself! That explains the plugins system, by the way.

Features
  • Syntax highlighting
  • AutoComplete & Call tips
  • Function Explorer (includes & opened files)
  • MDI (Multiple Documents Interface)
  • Error listing
  • Expand functionality using plugins
Screenshot(s)

Download
Latest version: 1.0
Download from: CodePlex (select the latest version)
You will need the .NET Framework 3.5, which can be downloaded from the Microsoft website. (No links, as I don't want to commit myself to a download link)

If you are using a 64 bit system, download SciLexer.dll for x64 and replace the SciLexer.dll file with the downloaded version.

The download contains the main app plus two sample, simple plugins, the Colour Picker (C#) and the Statistics Tool (VB.NET).
Mirrors are NOT accepted, due to it being an application and the integrity might be lost.

NOTE: Oh yeah, to activate autocomplete, press CTRL+SPACE.

In Development (v2.0)

Version 2.0 of SAM[P]CE will be released by end of 2013. It will be overhauled (i.e. rewritten from scratch). Less headaches, more coding fun!

I will try to incorporate more things into it.

Source code
The source code is available here!
Also, this package includes the two demo plugins for you to meddle around with!
The source code is released under the Apache License version 2.0. I am anti-GPL.

Support
Please post any bugs to the ticketing system. Only post here for general help and what nots.

FAQ

Q My SAM[P]CE crashes on start up!
A If you are using a 64bit OS, please download SciLexer.dll for x64 and replace the SciLexer.dll file in your installation.

Q Some includes do not work properly! Help!
A It is mostly due to the SAM[P]CE parser not parsing the include correctly. It may be due unique coding by the developer. A temporary fix is to remove the file from the include folder, change the function detection to pawno or backward compatible detection (See settings).

Visit the wiki to find more info on plugins and etc (Coming Soon).

This is the best editor I've ever seen. I love how it has a visual studio style to it. Very nice work, I'll be using it.

Nice release, I will try it out.

Very nice layout, I especially like that it does not lag in lower spec computers. (Some of the other editors used to be extremely laggy when editing large scripts.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaprnks
Very nice layout, I especially like that it does not lag in lower spec computers. (Some of the other editors used to be extremely laggy when editing large scripts.)

When I compile, I get this error.
Use the ticket system to report a bug, it might help me sort out the bugs easier. Paste the full details here, instead of showing a screenshot.

Error in english language:
Код:
There was a problem with the application SAMPCE and needs to close. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you are in the course of work, were working on might be lost.
Any idea how to fix ?

post it using the ticket sistem !

Nice ide, but you forgot 1 cruical thing.. what makes your app better than all the existing pawn editors out there already? what's the killer feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirt (JernejL)
Nice ide, but you forgot 1 cruical thing.. what makes your app better than all the existing pawn editors out there already? what's the killer feature?
Read it again, it is the ability to expand the IDE through plugins, such as teleporter generators, GodFather Ultimate Manager or something between those lines, much like the server plugins in SAMP. It is so that people don't have to keep copy/paste things, instead plugins can just directly paste, view or modify your current file you are working on.

It is nice, I like the features and the layout extremely well, congratulations.