[Plugin] Audio Plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by watkijkje
Good Job,
Is someones playerid always the same as his clientid?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
It seems the plugin consumes a lot of resources. I just noticed my clock (which runs on a 30sec timer) isn't updating anymore.
I've built in most of the functions in my gamemode though, maybe moving them to another filterscript works better.
try running it without the plugin and see if they work again else it's a problem at your side, all my timers in my gamemode are still working fine

Quote:
Ok, another new problem.

I uploaded the plugin and the filterscript to my public server, but the client can't connect to the server.

Код:
[12:58:24] Server Plugins
[12:58:24] --------------
[12:58:24] Loading plugin: audio.so
[12:58:24]*** Audio Plugin v0.1.1 by Incognito loaded ***
[12:58:24] Loaded.
[12:58:24] Loading plugin: irc.so
[12:58:24] *** IRC plugin v1.1 [by jacob] loaded!
[12:58:24] Loading plugin: xstreamer.so
[12:58:24] xStreamer plugin loaded
[12:58:24] Loaded 3 plugins.
for some reason jacob's IRC plugin and the Audio plugin won't work together, I don't know if Incognito can fix it, but it should normally work when you (temporary) remove the IRC plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Contador=
Quote:
Ok, another new problem.

I uploaded the plugin and the filterscript to my public server, but the client can't connect to the server.

Код:
[12:58:24] Server Plugins
[12:58:24] --------------
[12:58:24] Loading plugin: audio.so
[12:58:24]*** Audio Plugin v0.1.1 by Incognito loaded ***
[12:58:24] Loading plugin: irc.so
[12:58:24] *** IRC plugin v1.1 [by jacob] loaded!
[12:58:24] Loading plugin: xstreamer.so
[12:58:24] xStreamer plugin loaded
[12:58:24] Loaded 3 plugins.
for some reason jacob's IRC plugin and the Audio plugin won't work together, I don't know if Incognito can fix it, but it should normally work when you (temporary) remove the IRC plugin
I'm thinking they both won't work because they are both on the same port. Try changing the audio plugin port. I don't know if I am correct on this or not but to me it seems like it may be a cause of the problem..

SA-MP server and AUDIO 'server' can have the same port

Quote:
Quote:
It seems the plugin consumes a lot of resources. I just noticed my clock (which runs on a 30sec timer) isn't updating anymore.
I've built in most of the functions in my gamemode though, maybe moving them to another filterscript works better.
try running it without the plugin and see if they work again else it's a problem at your side, all my timers in my gamemode are still working fine
I've done some debugging:

Код:
[20:58:00] *** Audio_Setpack: Audio pack set to "rrp" (downloadable)
[20:58:31] DEBUG: UpdateClock(); 
[20:58:31] 20:58
[20:59:04] DEBUG: UpdateClock(); 
[20:59:04] 20:59
[20:59:36] DEBUG: UpdateClock(); 
[20:59:36] 20:59
[20:59:56] Incomming connection: 127.0.0.1:2150
[20:59:56] [join] Player has joined the server (0:127.0.0.1)
[21:00:09] DEBUG: UpdateClock(); 
[21:00:09] 21:00
[21:00:12] *** Audio Plugin: Incoming connection from 127.0.0.1:2157
[21:00:12] *** Audio Plugin: Player (ID: 0) has connected
[21:03:42] *** Audio Plugin: Player (ID: 0) has disconnected
See! When a client connects the timer stops working.
The next update should have been at 21:00:39, but there were no other time updates after the client connected.

Edit: disabled xstreamer and irc plugin, and now the clock updates accordingly. Will have to test some more tomorrow, since i need the irc too.

Quote:
SA-MP server and AUDIO 'server' can have the same port
I never said it couldn't.. I said the IRC may be using the same port or something as the audio server. So maybe when you try to connect with the Audio Client it tries to send it to the IRC plugin. I don't know i'm not 100% smart on this sort of stuff. I only said an idea, can't hurt to try...

Apparently, there are conflicts when this plugin is used with Jacob's IRC plugin on Linux. I am not sure if I will be able to fix this, because I believe Jacob's plugin is causing the problems. It has never been fully stable. I have, in the past, considered making my own IRC plugin for this very reason, but it is certainly not on my short list, and I do not believe there is any real demand for a new one. I know Boylett does not want anyone to use xSockets/xIRC, but they are coded so much more efficiently, and I doubt they would cause any conflicts with this plugin.

At any rate, I have been working on v0.2 a bit for the past few days. I have added extra security to the server, including initial connection timeouts (to prevent zombie connections from occupying all of the server's sockets, a flaw I realized shortly after releasing v0.1.1) and connection throttling (to prevent flooding). The client also has several new features, including automatic connection when the game starts (circumventing the need to alt-tab), reconnection attempts when the connection is lost, and muted playback when the game is minimized. These options are all configurable inside the client. Some also require opening the gta_sa.exe process and reading a few memory addresses regularly, which Kye has given me permission to do.

I will work on remote file downloading next. Server owners will be able to specify URLs in audio.ini if they want clients to download the files remotely. However, the files still need to be in the audiopacks folder for the CRC checks to take place (it is not a necessity, but it is recommended to prevent clients from downloading the files again when they connect). After that is completed, I will work on expanding the use of irrKlang by adding more client and server functions. I am not sure what will be in this release yet. Feedback would be appreciated.

just an idea.. a function were the script can control the clients volume..
i would like to use this for player distance and what not.

Also it will be cool to have an ability to play multiple sounds at the same time(for ex. background music and sounds)

Is There away to make so others can type /play and hear the music to this is really cool by the way...

Serj: Yes, this will be included in the next release. The master volume in the client will be a multiplier of the playback volume set by the server's script (valid values will be 0-100). In other words, the volume set by the user will never be louder than the volume set by the server, but it can be quieter.

CrαcK: Since irrKlang supports multiple audio files playing at once, this should not be too difficult. It will likely be part of my play queuing system.

Shady91: Loop through all of the players. An example of this is included in my filterscript.

Your Top man Incognito

Isn't it also possible to let the clients play .m3u streams?

Great work..I would like to remind you for the new version that it would be a huge improvement if the client could play the sound banks allready in single player. In an earlier post i posted links to the saat open source project that just need to be compiled into client. For a minimum amount of work you would dramatically increase usability of this project as these sound files are already on client machine and contains almost unlimited amount of cool gta sa sounds.

im having a lil problem making it so all can hear it lol could u give me a lil help mate.. thanks.

Код:
EDIT:
i couldnt figure out how to make so all can hear can you help me ? xD

Where to place the plugins? and client_source + plugin_source?
Any help with this would be great.

put plugins in your server folder fs in fs folder inc in inc folder then run it

Nice job!

Why no FLAC and APE? :3

Sneaky: Thank you.

Martins342: Do you really want to transfer huge files like that to clients?

Incognito, that's not a problem for LAN servers. Usually LAN servers have 100mbit wired or 54mbit wireless connections.