[Plugin] Audio Plugin

Maybe Firewall blocks it?

If you are using Windows have could you post the logs that you get on your server?

Linux have logs too,true?

ok, so this is exactly what happens.. with logs.

i startby logging in my server ofc and alt+tabbing out and connect to my client, i connect successfully.
Code:
[13:00:43] [join] Serj_Tank has joined the server (0:127.0.0.1)
[13:01:53] *** Audio Plugin: Incoming connection from 127.0.0.1:2967
[13:01:53] *** Audio Plugin: Serj_Tank (ID: 0) has connected
Then i type ingame "/setpack pack1"
Code:
[13:02:29] *** Audio_Setpack: Audio pack set to "pack1" (non-downloadable)
I see on my sound client that it says the files were set successfully or something like that.
Then when i try to play my first file or any other file, (/play 1), nothing happens. nothing shows up in the server console or logs either.
so i try disconnecting and reconnecting the sound client and as i connect, it gives me the messages that the files in the pack have failed the CDC tests, then it connects, and i still cant play any files..
Heres my audio.ini witch is in the main server dir.
Code:
[pack1]
1 = Welcome.wav
2 = bell2.wav
and my audiopacks folder is in the main server dir.
Code:
Server>audiopacks>pack1>files.wav
so there it is, all the info i have. Thanks to anyone who understands it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serj
Code:
Server>audiopacks>pack1>files.wav
so there it is, all the info i have. Thanks to anyone who understands it.
put it like this:
Code:
Server>scriptfiles>audiopacks>pack1>files.wav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serj
Then i type ingame "/setpack pack1"
it's not a folder problem mister doerfler

/setpack pack1 1 (= downloadable)

Nice job!

Didn't work initially though. I got the message "Name not connected - Server closed the connection".
Reloading the filterscript fixed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Nice job!

Didn't work initially though. I got the message "Name not connected - Server closed the connection".
Reloading the filterscript fixed it.
It means you have another filterscript loading in front of it that has return 1n's in it. They are stopping the same callbacks in the next scripts. I had to go in and fix it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon | WN
Well, since Pghpunkid isn't developing his ill put the suggestion towards this one.

A feature I think would be very possible is adding key detection in the program itself, which then sends what key pressed to the server and does the corresponding sound. Obviously there would be problems like if the chatbox is open, sounds will turn off / on with key press but it would be an interesting feature to see. Other then that nice work with this plugin and i hope that it continues to progress.
That is already partly possible with GetPlayerKeys or OnPlayerKeyStateChange. Granted, they aren't implemented as well as keybinds would be, but they are good alternatives for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansen111
Good to see something came out of the original idea. A nice future addon would be that the client can play the sound banks that came with the game, i posted links to open source project that you can use for free, its already coded, just need compiling into client and some small fitting. Its called saat and here is the links:

http://pdescobar.home.comcast.net/~pdescobar/gta/saat/
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...ic=225049&st=0
That is a very interesting idea. I might consider its implementation at a later date.

Serj: You have to make the audio pack downloadable.

I have released v0.1.1 of both the client and the server. I apologize again for the wait. From the changelog:

Quote:

v0.1.1: Fixed Linux compatibility issues; improved socket handling; fixed possible buffer overflow vulnerabilities in the server; added automatic client version checking to the server during the connection process; removed the unneccessary Audio_GetClientVersion native; made some small adjustments to the client

Please remember to recompile any filterscript or gamemode that used the old include file.

Nice, i like it. Well Done

Hmm, it still doesn't work for me (I use a Linux server).
When I do everything that I should, and put 'plugins audio.so' in server.cfg gamemode name appears as 'Unknown' and when I connect I stay at the Vinewood sign. I have re-downloaded the v.1.1 and it's still happening.

I need more information. How are you implementing the include file into your scripts? What appears in the console output when you start your server?

Her works well under ubuntu

It's really cool. It does lack the volume depending on the distance (as PlayerPlaySound)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito
I need more information. How are you implementing the include file into your scripts? What appears in the console output when you start your server?
When I start the server, the console prints this out.

Plugins:
Код:
[16:39:56] Server Plugins
[16:39:56] --------------
[16:39:56] Loading plugin: audio
[16:39:56]  Failed (plugins/audio: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[16:39:56] Loaded 0 plugins.
The gamemode fails to load too:
Код:
[16:39:56] Script[gamemodes/Stunt.amx]: Run time error 19: "File or function is not found"

That means the server can't find audio.so in your plugins directory.

SpiderPork are you using a 64 bit operating system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFredo
EDIT: Suggestion: It would be nice if the sound on pause when you are not on the games (back windows)
It's scriptable. Use OnPlayerUpdate. There are also scripts you can modify for it.

It seems the plugin consumes a lot of resources. I just noticed my clock (which runs on a 30sec timer) isn't updating anymore.
I've built in most of the functions in my gamemode though, maybe moving them to another filterscript works better.

wooho, that looks sweet!

Ok, another new problem.

I uploaded the plugin and the filterscript to my public server, but the client can't connect to the server.

nvm, forgot to upload the settings file.