[Plugin] Audio Plugin

Has anyone got it to work by running a server and connecting to it both being on the same computer? Does it have to be a different computer hosting the server? Everytime I connect and put my name in and press Connect it says Incomming connection on the console but on the audio client it says "Server closed the connection Name not connected" Even though I checked I am in the server and it won't work

EDIT: Nvm this was my own fault :P

After you download and put the boost lib under /usr/include I have some error that I can not solve

Code:
g++ -O2 -fshort-wchar -shared -o "../plugins/audio.so" *.o -lboost_thread-gcc43-mt-s
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread-gcc43-mt-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master2k8
Do you have permission from the irrKlang dev's to use irrKlang?
Thats what i want to know..

Oh lawd. This is just pure epicness. You get 1000 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pghpunkid
Quote:
irrKlang is free, he doesn't need permission afaik, and why do you care anyways?

I compiled the plugin under ubuntu but its still not working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pghpunkid
Quote:
irrKlang is free, he doesn't need permission afaik, and why do you care anyways?
This was an option for my scriptplayer. i chose not to use this and was advised i would need to ask for permission if i did use it. I was originally the one who was working on this, and as far as i know, Incognito jumped on the band wagon. Now that his is released, i stopped working on mine. Congrats Incognito.

Well, since Pghpunkid isn't developing his ill put the suggestion towards this one.

A feature I think would be very possible is adding key detection in the program itself, which then sends what key pressed to the server and does the corresponding sound. Obviously there would be problems like if the chatbox is open, sounds will turn off / on with key press but it would be an interesting feature to see. Other then that nice work with this plugin and i hope that it continues to progress.

Tested on local - It worked (Windows - Windows)

Tested on my remote Linux Server (CentOS - Windows) and It didnt worked, the clients cant download the files, any idea why?

Thanks

good job

Regarding the license:

Quote:

The irrKlang.dll, irrKlang.so and libirrklang.dylib files may be redistributed without the authors prior permission in non-commercial products, and must remain unmodified except for compressing the file.

I apologize for not testing the Linux version more thoroughly. However, I see what is wrong, and I will release an updated server and client as soon as possible.

Ok, I'm looking forward to this update

Good to see something came out of the original idea. A nice future addon would be that the client can play the sound banks that came with the game, i posted links to open source project that you can use for free, its already coded, just need compiling into client and some small fitting. Its called saat and here is the links:

http://pdescobar.home.comcast.net/~pdescobar/gta/saat/
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s...ic=225049&st=0

anyone know the status of the linux version? i know someone said it didnt worked but was it updated?

and also, can someone thoroughly explain the steps on how to get this to work. everything is in the correct locations. im using windows. i login the server. connect successfully with the client. now what?

ive tried setting the pack. transfering and playing. but nothing ever works or shows up, and wen i set the pack to default_pack i get errors saying the files dont exist when they clearly do, and i dont get that error with any other packs i try, but they still wont play.

appearently none of the files are passing the crc checks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serj
anyone know the status of the linux version? i know someone said it didnt worked but was it updated?

and also, can someone thoroughly explain the steps on how to get this to work. everything is in the correct locations. im using windows. i login the server. connect successfully with the client. now what?

ive tried setting the pack. transfering and playing. but nothing ever works or shows up, and wen i set the pack to default_pack i get errors saying the files dont exist when they clearly do, and i dont get that error with any other packs i try, but they still wont play.

appearently none of the files are passing the crc checks?
On your server, the audio.ini and the audiopacks folder should not be in the scriptfiles folder. They are in the main server directory. You may have confused that.

nah thats exactly were they r.. in the main directory. thx for replying.

Quote:
nah thats exactly were they r.. in the main directory. thx for replying.
Did you configure your audio.ini correctly? Here is what mine looks like:

[ParUni_Sounds]
1 = Excellent.wav
2 = Godlike.wav
3 = Headshot2.wav
4 = Headshot.wav
5 = Headshot_slow.wav
6 = KillingSpree.wav
7 = MonsterKill.wav
8 = MultiKill.wav
9 = UltraKill.wav

It just dosnt work on Linux, incognito is trying to fix it.

yes its configured correct. idk wuts wrong. im ganna redo everything for the 4th time and experiment..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteagle
please read the whole post.. im using windows.

Quote:
yes its configured correct. idk wuts wrong. im ganna redo everything for the 4th time and experiment..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteagle
please read the whole post.. im using windows.
Maybe you are using an unsupported file type? I'm not sure what you are doing wrong.