Community Server blocklist

I don't host a server myself but I am helping a few with securing them. I am wondering if someone from this community would have the authority to setup a global block list that could be made available to all server admins to apply to their servers. My idea is that all server admins would have a place to report network attacks that are against their samp servers. I don't think it would be a good idea to add bad player ip's to this list as that is a totally different issue. Maybe network ranges found to be causing alot of attacks could be have their whole range blocked.
Dshield and spamhaus have such block lists that help many webservers cut down on spam/attacks and im positive this idea could be applyed to samp.

I wouldn't mind hosting such a list and setting up a place for people to report bad ips but i feel that someone else in this community would have better standing/authority to setup such a thing that would clearly benefit all samp server owners if executed correctly.

As for method for people to apply the block a simple txt list of ip / ipranges + iptable script that checks the list x number of days/hours. Im not sure of a solution for wintendos but maybe someone could think of that .

Best Reguards Aaron Bradbeer

yep that be good idea

I always imagined each ban came with some parameters - reason, automatic or not, server which banned it, etc.

Then when your server uses the blacklist, it can choose which servers bans it uses, and whether it uses automatic bans, so you could only trust your own server and official servers or w/e.

just installed new firewall on my linix box it bans ip etc i loged in to webmin..firewall and looked at log ,and the amount of port scans ip been baned is unreal
thay scanning for networks or something then thay brute force the password i must have over 50 thats in like a week so windows servers must be doomed