Witch language?

Hey guys, i was thinking to start lear to make something usefull like converters/Generators etc but i dont know witch language i should start to learn. What is the best language? VB, VWD, VC#, VC++, SQL, What are you using and why? Explain.

If you have no sense about languages, then start with Visual Basic. But, I would like to go with C++. If you know PAWN then it wouldn't take much time to get up with C++.

English first.

I say C++. I think the syntax of VB.net is a little bit wierd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikel
You are saying this because you are used-to to PAWN syntax, and PAWN is similar to C++.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikel
You are saying this because you are used-to to PAWN syntax, and PAWN is similar to C++.
I agree with him, VB is ugly.

VB is crap anyway, it's built for people who can't be arsed learning C++, I dunno about the new versions with all this .NET stuff but the old ones were basically made for lazy f@kers.

lol at the word witch. Best Language is c++. If you want to learn it easy start off with C# and work your way up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlip
English first.
Haha you are fu*king funny! I know more languages than you and your friends together!

Others: Thank you all! I will try C++ and C# i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWay
Quote:
English first.
Haha you are fu*king funny! I know more languages than you and your friends together!

c# is like pawno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercetti_
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWay
Quote:
English first.

c# is like pawno.
Pawno is the editor, pawn is the language....

I personally started off with VB, then moved on to Python, which I still program in now , but I am going to start learning C++ soon. I would say start off small, like with C# as you said, and then C++