open the samp:// protocol in Firefox

hi, if i want to play on a server, which IP is linked a webpage wit samp://<ip-adress>, i cant open.
how set i samp up that i can direct open such links and play?
sorry for my bad english, im austrian.
best regards, Benny

Search DracoBlue's website for the program to install

http://dracoblue.net/download-releas..._installer.exe

thanks!

what does this do?
it looks quite interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_King786
what does this do?
It allows you to type in, for example, samp://78.129.149.93:7777 and launch a game window from there

This aplication is cool.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by [K4L
Jake ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_King786
what does this do?
It allows you to type in, for example, samp://78.129.149.93:7777 and launch a game window from there
What's really the point of that? Would you use it that often? I mean I think it's easier to just point and click from the console.

It's certainly useful if you have any automated programs, like macros and hotkeys. I have one that uses this program to launch SA:MP and automatically connect to Partyserver, it then waits the necessary time to connect and enters the login command with my password. This sort of thing can be tied into scheduled tasks, shortcuts, fully functional executables, etc. I remember finding it sometime back and I thought it was kind of interesting, but it wasn't really of any use to me. If I were without it now I'd have to go through the pain of having the macro/hotkey launch the SA:MP client itself and move the mouse into the correct positions, followed by clicks and more mouse movements. All of that would depend on whether or not the client window was even in the right place on my screen

Apart from that, it's also nice if you're browsing an SA:MP related website and want a quick connect. If you configure your browser correctly, you should be able to just point and click on an samp:// link and be connected to the corresponding server.

You need to have Panic key :P

SA-MP Button (USB Panic Button)

Also that url is useful as you can bookmark these ips and just press which server you want to join without going to SA:MP client.