[SOLVED]Server Died: Bad Nickname

to make a long story short: The script is 100% OK, it runs perfectly on other computers.
But when hosting this script onto my server computer, after connect it restarts and gives message : bad nickname:

though the name only contains "player" and doesnt contain any invalid characters.

and since i know this isnt caused by the script since this script runs perfectly on other computers AND other script like downloaded does not run either anymore.

to make long short story shorter:

my server computer has a problem which i have no clue what it could be, it automaticly rejects connection after few seconds and shows "bad nickname" error

anyone any clue?

You probaly have a RP server , wich only allow Firstname_Lastname "Thomas_Jefferson"
If you do Elite_Gamer or whatever it will also work..

Its not because he has a rp server,

Quote:

though the name only contains "player" and doesnt contain any invalid characters.

change your nick name to something like Maij and it will work

oh right i havent told i dont do godfarthers editing.(yes godfather gamemode)

my script is 100% costum and does not contain any backname shit like the godfarther etc.

though i do rp script, but its not that as i can tell you.

next time please read better as i have told that if the script got hosted onto another computer in my network it works fine.

so i found some things out:

its not a router/port problem, its not the script and those are not the clients who cause this problem.

i am using windows 2003, and all other services are running perfectly like normal.

i asked to everyone acces to this computer if someone installed something lately, but this turns out to be false.

so if noone installed anything ( meaning no corrupted forum software ), its not client script and port problem, then what is causing this?

and note to both JaYmE and Technical: if it was as simple as editing godfarther then i wouldnt be asking about this.

i never said abut godfarther edits ¬¬ i said change your sa-mp nick name

nope u didnt but technical did

i just clearified some things in last post, dont worry about it:

sorry if i offended you, not the goal of this thread

ok anyways:

so i found some things out://repeat of events that does not occur

its not a router/port problem, its not the script and those are not the clients who cause this problem.

i am using windows 2003, and all other services are running perfectly like normal.

i asked to everyone access to this computer if someone installed something lately, but this turns out to be false.

The name is 100% valid and WITHIN character limit.

so if noone installed anything ( meaning no corrupted software ), its not client script and port problem, then what is causing this?

so again, this script is 100% costum, does not contain any programming/scripting errors or whatsoever
besides that, the script works fine on any other computer.

1.exit the server
2.change the compatibility option of the samp-server.exe to Windows 98
3.start the server again

^ fixed

yes, true fixed, thanks

that begs me the question, how come this happens and second question, how come this is the solution?