Cross-platform compatibility problems

Hey everyone. Lately, a lot of new plugins were released that only support linux and don't really work on windows. I am a gamemode developer and I desperately need some of those plugin's functions in my server, but now, that SA:MP client doesn't work on linux anymore, the only way to test the server is trough windows (and the plugins don't work here). Even though english is really not my language, I hope you understand the problems I am having. If you have any suggestions that could help me, please post them. Thank you in advance.

Well the issue with plugins being developed for only Linux is something you have to ask the developers about. Linux is more known for stable and high uptime servers so that might explain it.

There is also the option of running a virtual Linux inside of your Windows machine (****** VMWARE).

Multiboot doesn't seem to be an option as well, because I need both - San Andreas and a server running at the same time.
I've came across various 86x virtualization apps and I really liked virtualbox, but I am having many problems while setting up a terminal-only linux installation and the GUI one is taking up too much ram on my physical machine. First of all... I can't really enable a SFTP option, so I could move my files to the virtual box. Second of all.... what packages do I need installed for SA:MP sever to run?