Tutorial: Script with Notepad++ !

This small tutorial explain how to use Notepad++ as a replacement for Pawno.

Many advantages, but one inconvenient: no functions list (yet). Still interested?

• Download and install Dracoblue's Pawn syntax highlighter for Notepad++

• Go into C:\Documents and Settings\<you>\Application Data\Notepad++\plugins\config

• Open NppExec.ini and modify as follow (or delete all in the file and add this)
    Code:
    [Console]
    Visible=1
    ShowHelp=0
    Encoding=290
    SaveOnExecute=1
    CmdHistory=1
    SaveCmdHistory=1
    NoInternalMsgs=1
    CdCurDir=1
    [Restore]
    LastSelectedScript=1
    [ExitBox]
    I0="exit"
    [ConsoleOutputFilter]
    RecognitionMask0="%ABSFILE%(%LINE%) : warning*"
    RecognitionEffect0="+E 00 00 FF -I +B -U"
    RecognitionMask1="%ABSFILE%(%LINE%) : error*"
    RecognitionEffect1="+E FF 00 00 -I +B -U"
    RecognitionMask2="%ABSFILE%(%LINE%) : fatal error*"
    RecognitionEffect2="+E 00 00 00 -I +B -U"
  • Open or create (in the same folder of the previous step) npes_saved.txt and add this:
    Code:
    ::pawncc
    <path to pawncc.exe> "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)" -;
    //In my case it's: E:\GTA San Andreas\samp_server_02X\pawno\pawncc.exe "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)" -;
  • You can change the shortcut for compiling (by default, CTRL+F6) by going in Settings -> Shorcut mapper -> Plugins commands and change the shortcut of Direct Execute Previous to F5 or whatever you want.

• Done! Have fun.

Cool. Good for someone who prefers the look and feel of notepad++ in their bed in the morning.

Honestly though I don't see the point, but good job none-the-less.

This...could come in handy, as my school's computers have blocked pawn, i might be able to sneak my coding my using this.

Cheers

Sweet I didn't know about ConsoleOutputFilter. Using c++ or c might be better than adding custom languages as it's similar enough for the function list to work. I made an API for function completion a while ago, just go to "...\Notepad++\plugins\APIs" and replace either the c or c++ API with http://pastebin.com/f14b99c15.

To compile the same way as pawno:
Code:
NPP_SAVE
<path to pawncc.exe> "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)" -;:+ -(:+ -o:"$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)\$(NAME_PART).amx"

Thanks for your contribution Dabombber

i don't have this

C:\Documents and Settings\<you>\Application Data\Notepad++\plugins\config

I have just :
Desktop ; Favorites ; My Documets ; Start Menu

******, lots of results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoroJr™
i don't have this

C:\Documents and Settings\<you>\Application Data\Notepad++\plugins\config

I have just :
Desktop ; Favorites ; My Documets ; Start Menu
It's a hidden folder

To show hidden folders, in your Explorer (The thing that lets you view files and folders and stuff) click: Tools -> Folder Options -> View - Thank mark the 'Show hidden files and folders' button. OR you can access hidden folders by typing it in to the address bar. So for example go to the <you> folder and in the address bar add 'Application Data\Notepad++\plugins\config' and it should bring you there

Great! I greatly dislike the indentation system in PAWNO and prefer the look of Notepad ++. So thanks for this.