Scams, and a fake <tAxI> =[

Hi everyone

I'm just letting you all know that there is a fake <tAxI> who may try to help you with your server, or offer you cheap server hosting. He has two other friends, called irulz and _Tazza_.

To irulz and _Tazza_: Of course, you are both innocent until proven guilty. This post is not directed at either of you, and you are probably both innocent, although _Tazza_ was banned by one of my admins for cheating, so i'm not so sure about him.

Whatever you do, do not send him any of your server files. Luckily, I figured out it was a scam pretty quickly, and managed to make him look like an idiot by sending him LVDM, he hasn't replied since.

It is a pretty obvious scam, but not only may some people fall for it, but I would like to protect <tAxI>'s name, because he is a legitimate (and awesome) part of SA:MP.

If a well-known person from the SA:MP community comes on your server or adds you on MSN, always check their identity. You can PM them on the forums, and ask some indepth questions about some of their work, that a scam artist is unlikely to be able to answer quickly.

Also, if anyone offers you free hosting, send them a fake script first, maybe a free one off this forum, to see what reaction you get out of them. If they appear to be legitimate, send them just the .amx files, not the .pwn, and put the anti-DeAMX stuff in your script so that it can't be decompiled by this mainstream decompiler. Also, never send your game mode files by email. You can then be reasonably sure that you will not get scammed.

Paying for hosting is always the best way, but it appears that there may be fake websites who seem cheap (like the fake one mentioned earlier in this post) who will just take your money, and steal your script. You will be left with nothing, which really sucks. Don't ever pay for hosting if the company doesn't have a domain name and professional email address. Also, ask if they have any previous customers and a test server that you can play just to make sure they actually have servers.

Keep your eyes open, there's a lot of bad guys out there.

I'll also add that I have nothing to do with any of this. I ain't scripted anything in almost 10 months now and can't play sa-mp just now and probe won't start again. If I ever catch the little bitch pretending to be me I'll screw him over personally but in the meantime tell those fakers out there just to get lost.

Just to reitterate, I don't have any idea about this untill someone contacted me directly via pm and I no longer play sa-mp as my comp no longer supports it - damn vista ultimate!!!! LOL.

Anyone that's worked with me on here over the last year or 2 will know that I honestly ain't that type of guy.

Thanks for Reading guys!!!

Thanks for the report!

I'll keep my eyes out for assholes like those.

PM me any information you have on this person pls (board name, IP addresses, email addresses, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklite
Hi everyone

I'm just letting you all know that there is a fake <tAxI> who may try to help you with your server, or offer you cheap server hosting. He has two other friends, called irulz and _Tazza_.

To irulz and _Tazza_: Of course, you are both innocent until proven guilty. This post is not directed at either of you, and you are probably both innocent, although _Tazza_ was banned by one of my admins for cheating, so i'm not so sure about him.

Whatever you do, do not send him any of your server files. Luckily, I figured out it was a scam pretty quickly, and managed to make him look like an idiot by sending him LVDM, he hasn't replied since.

It is a pretty obvious scam, but not only may some people fall for it, but I would like to protect <tAxI>'s name, because he is a legitimate (and awesome) part of SA:MP.

If a well-known person from the SA:MP community comes on your server or adds you on MSN, always check their identity. You can PM them on the forums, and ask some indepth questions about some of their work, that a scam artist is unlikely to be able to answer quickly.

Also, if anyone offers you free hosting, send them a fake script first, maybe a free one off this forum, to see what reaction you get out of them. If they appear to be legitimate, send them just the .amx files, not the .pwn, and put the anti-DeAMX stuff in your script so that it can't be decompiled by this mainstream decompiler. Also, never send your game mode files by email. You can then be reasonably sure that you will not get scammed.

Paying for hosting is always the best way, but it appears that there may be fake websites who seem cheap (like the fake one mentioned earlier in this post) who will just take your money, and steal your script. You will be left with nothing, which really sucks. Don't ever pay for hosting if the company doesn't have a domain name and professional email address. Also, ask if they have any previous customers and a test server that you can play just to make sure they actually have servers.

Keep your eyes open, there's a lot of bad guys out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
PM me any information you have on this person pls (board name, IP addresses, email addresses, etc)
Done.