What FPS do you consider good?

Simple question, what FPS do you find good, and how low can FPS go before you get annoyed?

I see loads of people saying "OMG 30 FPS IS SHIT, IV RUNS SHIT", get over it, I mean, I can play games perfectly fine until about 10fps before I get annoyed. what is it with these guys.

60-100fps i consider good, in San Andreas i get 74 (Average) GTA IV i get a solid 60FPS never goes high nor lower so im very happy

i get around 60-70 in gta sa, Then random lag spikes that take it down to 3.. No idea why, Its not my computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp1543
i get around 60-70 in gta sa, Then random lag spikes that take it down to 3.. No idea why, Its not my computer
This isn't about what FPS you >GET< it's about what you consider good.

Quote:

60-100fps i consider good, in San Andreas i get 74 (Average) GTA IV i get a solid 60FPS never goes high nor lower so im very happy

Why so high? Games are playable at 25 FPS, that is the speed of normal TV in most countries, you don't see everyone raging at TVs.

27/30 is normal, I guess.

you won't notice 60 fps or more, so that is my good average.

30-60 is good & enough for me

Movies in cinema are 24fps. TV is 25 or 30fps (depending on if its PAL or NTSC). So games at 30fps are perfectly fine to play. That's what you get from a gaming console.
So, in short. People who buy new PC because they can't play all the newest games on max graphics over 100fps are simply dumb.

There is a difference in 24fps and 60-70fps, but not much. When image is over 24fps you don't see the picture lag between frames. However compared to 70fps, the 70fps picture is more fluid. But still, 24fps is perfectly playable.

However, for some games there is also slight differences in ticks, which is related to FPS. Mostly important to FPS games though (this time first person shooter). For example if you can run game on 40-70fps, depending on environment, it might be better to set FPS limit on 33 for example.. so you will have slightly higher firerate (just slightly) and some other stuff.. like maybe jumping a bit further.

For me anything above >30 is fine under 30 it feels laggy.
For SA I play with frame limit at 45 because over 45 the game has some physics errors and sometimes you can't move while aiming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerkid.
For me anything above >30 is fine under 30 it feels laggy.
For SA I play with frame limit at 45 because over 45 the game has some physics errors and sometimes you can't move while aiming.
Is that why at 60fps I can't move from side to side? ^^