Mapicons for properties

Guys,

As you all may know, i have an script named nitrosfreeroam. So now this is my question:
The script has a very difficult propertysystem. And i want to set mapicons for it.
So green if not bought and red if bought.
But the difficult part is , it gets saved in the players.txt's.. And a player can buy/over-buy/sell
So i couldn't succeed in it.
And offcourse we also need a streamer, Double-O-Icons seems to be a good one.

Can someone help me with this?

I am willing to pm the link of script to you.

A good place to start would be to tell us how you load the entrance coordinates for your properties.

the entrances don't get loaded as they get in rp scripts.
Like entrancex and entrancey. But this is a different 0.1 script.

They have to get loaded if you're saving properties. There must be some enum somewhere with coordinates for properties?

Find a good map icons streamer for beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenaceX^
Find a good map icons streamer for beginning.
Double-O-Icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by [M2S
moe ]
They have to get loaded if you're saving properties. There must be some enum somewhere with coordinates for properties?
There is no enum but there is array with coordinates. Wait, i have an link with more info.

Edit: this is the link
http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=16435.0

so this array, use this to set your map icons.

I dont know how this streamer works, so its hard to tell you where to add the code, but if you have an array with the proper coordinates, for example:

Float:HouseCoords[2][3] = {
{0.0,0.0,0.0},
{0.0,0.0,0.0}
};

(obviously it must have more coords, exit etc, I just put entrance only to help you understand how to use this)

use that array to add your map icons OnGameModeInit:

SetPlayerMapIcon(playerid, iconid, HouseCoords[houseid][0], HouseCoords[houseid][1], HouseCoords[houseid][2], markertype, color);

where "houseid" = the house ID (0 = first line in HouseCoords, 1 = second line, etc).

Do you understand how it works?

yes i could have also come this far, but how to change when overbought and sold and bought. How to change it than?

The default value given to propertyOwner[property] for a property not owned seems to be 999 (again, I dont know your script so correct this as you see fit).

So, all you need to do under OnGameModeInit:

if(propertyOwner[property] > 999) // which means the house is owned
{
SetPlayerMapIcon(icon for house owned);
}
else SetPLayerMapIcon(icon for house not owned);

but that will only keep it at start of gamemode.
so if someone buys it in game, i will have to wait for restart, to see a red icon?