Fraps and any other video programs don't work.

Well, since i got a new PC iv been experiencing weird things when trying to record San Andreas.

Iv tested San Andreas and Vice City. Vice City seems to work alright but not San Andreas.

I really think its a graphics card problem since iv tried installed hundreds of codecs.

Heres what happens with fraps:

Fraps problem

GameCam, xFire and other recorders just produce a black screen.

Reinstalled samp, San Andreas and fraps several times and tried 3 versions of fraps. Old and new.

Opening them with windows movie maker doesn't help either.

Updated all my graphics drivers aswell.

Any suggestions?

Heeeey

I was experiencing the same problems when i built my new PC, change all the display settings to the lowest, half textdraw, turn AA off, Widescreen off and framelimiter on. Try recording now, it should work, then reset your display settings to what they were and it should still record normally with highest gfx settings.

Hey.

Thanks for the fast reply but this didn't help. Iv tried that before but i gave it another shot any way.

Ah, sorry to hear that, have you tried changing your screen resolution?

Yes, I change the screen res, the game res and a combo of both.

Hmm, Fraps seems to be able to record ******* videos. Not sure if it's ment to but it's perfect quality aswell.

If you're running Vista make sure you run the fraps installer in admin mode by right clicking the installer and clicking "Run as administrator" because it needs to install codecs and then try recording again.
If you still have a problem try installing CCCP, Someone on this site said it worked.

What kind of chipset do you have? It could just be the Video card. Normally you would have a control panel to manage your settings, try to play around with those.

Have you updated your DirectX and NET (dunno what Fraps requires) ?

Looks funky and reminds me of that Strangedays film when they mess up the feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerkid.
If you're running Vista make sure you run the fraps installer in admin mode by right clicking the installer and clicking "Run as administrator" because it needs to install codecs and then try recording again.
If you still have a problem try installing CCCP, Someone on this site said it worked.
Thanks for the links but just like the other codecs, they didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTails
What kind of chipset do you have? It could just be the Video card. Normally you would have a control panel to manage your settings, try to play around with those.
All i can really tell you is that it's an ATI Radeon HD 3200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny
Have you updated your DirectX and NET (dunno what Fraps requires) ?

Looks funky and reminds me of that Strangedays film when they mess up the feed.
DirectX 10.
.NET Framework 3.5.

And.. Now i can record any thing.. Including my desktop.

i have this problem too =(
did you find a solution?