well i host a small server for my clan at home when its needed, i never had alot of players but yesterday 12 of us came and server was laggy as shit and everyone had ping over 300. is there a way to stop the lag?

Was there "alot" of code in OnPlayerUpdate? I had a similar issue with a friend and an unknown on my server. They both had some pings over 250 and looked like they were using hacks. I took away some code from OnPlayerUpdate and their ping went down to... 100-150? Anyhow, if you have "alot" of code in OnPlayerUpdate try putting them into a timer.

Leopard

i don't even have OnPlayerUpdate in this script, its just a small server for trainings and duels, pwn is very small. but when i played with 2 or 3 players it worked perfectly, when alot of them came then it lagged alot.

Your problem is your home connection, obviously it cant handle that many players at once.

yes but is there a way i could make the lag at least smaller, so we can fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny.
yes but is there a way i could make the lag at least smaller, so we can fight?
Not so very possible on a home server, but if you really want to reduce lag then get a excellent speed connection and a excellent computer.

speedtest.net

Probably because of the area, you might live in the united states, and your players come from like romania, they would have a high ping.

i live in croatia, all people i play with are from europe. its probebly my connection then.