Question for the noob

Hey, quick question, is hosting a gta server dangerous at all? Besides the normal hacker stuff.

Not really..

of course it isn't - it just takes a lot of timePLEASE SAMP SERVER DON'T KILL ME FOR SAYING THAT *BANG* *BANG* *BOOM* *CRASH*

damn how does this firefox thing work?
*cough*
*cough*
everything is okay. this is me again. hosting a samp server is actually good for you [and us, servers, once the world domination plot is activated .. omg did I just say that out loud?]... nevermind... carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westie
Having a SA-MP server is kinda dangerous. If you just ban a smart retard, you can almost expect there to be a full scale retaliation, often beginning with a DDoS.
+1
There have been many cases like these,if you have like 40-50+ players,those smart retards will come on and just..say stuff and get you pissed off.

is no way dangerous, and for hacker stuff well unless you download a unwanted file. or have a pc without some protection or password protected than you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BT
Mr187 ]
is no way dangerous, and for hacker stuff well unless you download a unwanted file. or have a pc without some protection or password protected than you should be fine.
DDoS? And I doubt that servers download any unwanted files :P

DDoS is an attack that sends multiple connections through a port causing the server to overload and ending up crashing it and your internet. DDoS is a very harmful thing if it is used correctly.