[Opinion Request] Internet Relay Chat Based Console Client

i wander what you guys think of the following:

a console that is uses IRC for sending and receiving information,

it is fast, does not lag, and it allows you to do everything you can do with original console + getting playerlists, kicking by right clicking on a name and selecting kick from the menu that pops up..

or maybe just for the power you can have with it, send commands to the server, so you will be able to control all powers of pawno just into your console;

or just as a costum chat window with other people?

anyways, what you guys think of this

NOTE : i am not asking if this is possible, i am asking about your opinions, should or would i produce this AND publish it?

I don't fully understand you, but I think what you're trying to explain has already been released. There's already IRC plugins for SA-MP.

nope you misunderstood me :P, i am fully aware of the plugins since my idea uses it;

i shall try to reinforce what i meant

Using the irc plugin (by jacob), to connect a server as a commando sender and receiver;

instead of using IRC client for sending commands to the server, my idea is to make a new client that can send those commands through debug mode, or through pressing the right buttons.

what powers will this give? you can make account based rcon logins, you can set each (rcon) right separated, (kick, ban warn?) and for the rest, it can allow you to perform live scripting ( yes, trust me its possible )

so note: i do not mean the plugins at all, but the IRC as a link through the server and the new console;

server new console
| |
\ /
\ /
Internet relay chat as you can see, the IRC is used as link between the server and new console;

this sounds pretty good, I'm wondering though.

The live scripting part, is there any limits on that?

How is that possible? Is it still using pawno and uploading the amx file or is the scripting done in the console?

If its done in the console does it compile and check for errors? Does it save to the existing amx?

If it doesn't error check a simple typing error could crash a server.

I say if, because I don't know how I'd works so I'm just running through possibilities, overall though I like the idea.

its well, it would be as limited i want it to be :P, every function will need to be predefined, so custom functions will not be available;

you dont need to save and compile, i will need to program the receiver ( the server) to save the custom code on server close or scripter client disconnect;

all stuff relating to live scripting would be clientsided ( in this case, its the home-made console ) besides actualy saving and running it ( at startup )

so i would need to integrate or use the pawn compiler into the client for checking errors,

if it doesnt error, that means its ok, then it will send the codes to the server, in this case, the errors will be handled like when you where programming/scripting in pawno

ok, thanks for responding like this, but how about the other functions? what would be required in this console?

i already made a kind of list: current available functions are:
playerlist, where you can left click on the name to get the ID, and right click to perform actions like kick, ban, setname or getIP

2 chats:, IRC chat, to talk to other console users , Gamechat, talk to players AND irc admins

upcomming: 2 chats: admin chat ( IRC admins and game admins can see these messages) , PM able to pm someone right from the console AND they can pm you back by command /Cpm [name] "ConsolePostMessage"

debug mode: Send raw codes to the server, that makes you able to create custom codes such as starting events, jail ( if so ), freeze

Predefined Rcon: as you are allowed to do other, the real rcon is good aswell;
this will open a new window with all available rcon commands besides KICK and as they can be used by right clicking on name in playerlist

since i am already this far i could finish this in 1 day, i rather not :P
besides, i am not sure if i should post the program and pawno source here

though, if so, i will accept some requests through PM

so far, 1 opinion, people i need more

anyways, i want wish to get some more opinions, so i will post some screenshots of what i had in mind
NOTE: yes, its real footage, and everything you see works

The login screen, (The login system is defined in the .amx)

The console when you are unauthoritized (Note you cannot use any functions besides the IRC chat, and seeing available players
IRC chat is meant to talk with other console users

The console when you got allowed

The Rcon command list, and playerlist

sending raw code allows the pawn(o) scripter to create his/her own functions and directly use them through this console;

note that it will not matter how hard people try to hack this console, since all logins are managed through the gameserver itself,
that includes ban, kick, and allowing console, AND COMMANDS;

the functions PM and Adminchat do not work yet, but gamechat does, it basicly allows the console user to Say things ingame, but this time, the name is included

this special way of receiving and sending information uses PM for authorititation, but overall messages are displayed in channel, as it wont be needing to send it to all consoles connected;

but for special information, the server will pm everything to a specified user instead of the channel

NOTE TO IRC ADMINS: yes, you are able to use these command if you are connected through irc with like Xchat, but i do not recommend it as it will take more time to type all commands,

NOTE TO IRC OWNERS: no, you dont need a account system ON IRC for users to use the console, as the login is managed on the server, you can provide any login system YOU WANT, account based, if you like, or just Rcon password based, sure thing;

with this, it also allows you to live script like i posted above, but it will take some effort for the system to understand, and may cause delay;

basicly, all commands for live scripting would be needed to be predefined with arguments that needs to be passed aswell;

and note this all goes through the IRC channel, special defined by me;

NOTE TO EVERYONE: i am not sure if i am going to release it, since the way of programming is a littlebit unproffesional and rules says i must post sourcecode which i am actualy against. Though, i think i will send it to you on a private message (NO sourcecode For console itself, credits )

anyways, this is some more expanded information about this, what ya guys thinK?

note to knowitalls: yes, this is the right topic, since it isnt released yet, and asking opinions for script and program