AOL 9.0 - Speed optimizer works well!

Kills ping but speed is much better

Good ping but bad speed

So, based on these results, you can see that the AOL 9.0 browser is very effective in raising internet speed. Just something I thought I would share with ya'll

EDIT: I'd like to note - this isnt AOL's ISP, this is me using WOW on a browser that uses a proxy to maximize internet speed

Your internet browser doesnt effect your internet connection speed, The changes were probably due to the time they were taken, and your upload speed went much lower.
Edit: Your internet sucks

Yea, I agree with that AOL Speed optimizer afaik will just proxy results (images mostly), and serve them up slightly faster but your still going out of a normal route to get their so the delay still exists just as much unless you happen to be very close to the AOL servers.

P.S: AOL died long ago but it had some classic days when AOL was the only thing you could get.

You are using 2 different Internet service providers different providers have different speeds

Still AOL 9.0 ? Back in the 90's and 2002 they were updating their versions every year like aol 7 and aol 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangereeno
You are using 2 different Internet service providers different providers have different speeds
No, I am using the same ISP, but the software included on my browser boosts the speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchy
Still AOL 9.0 ? Back in the 90's and 2002 they were updating their versions every year like aol 7 and aol 8
Yeah, AOL stopped being an ISP in like 2006 though.

I've been using AOL since i got my first computer in the 90's, i stopped using the browser in 2002 when i got wireless.

Anything major happened with it? Besides the "YOU'VE GOT EMAIL!" everytime someone spams you.

AOL is the devil.

And all the "optimizer" does is cache stuff. There is no real physical speed increase, just an increase in perceived speed.

Whats with the different distance and the pics say different ISP