Port-fowarding help

Hello, this may be my first post but oh-well

Im having a problem trying to open my server (MadMax Gaming) it seems to come up 192.168.1.67:7777 i know how but when i portforward nothing happens it still ticks to 192.168.blah blah blah ive opened the port and port-fowarded and nothing happens i really need help doing this its like my 20 try to get this working and nothing happens, I have a Spped-Touch DSL/Modem if anyone can help me please do!

Once you portforward, you're supposed to add your IP address from here: http://whatismyip.com/ to your favorites. Your 192.168 address doesn't just magically change.

Oh, thank you ill try that now (hope it works!)

Make sure that if you have Windows Firewall, or any type of firewall, you need to add the port to it as well. If you're behind a router and a modem, make sure that you open the ports for both. If you do not know the modem/router IP, try modem: 192.168.254.254 and router: 192.168.1.1 The user and pass should both be admin. I've had quite a few years experience with this, so if you need anymore help, just ask.

-TheKeg

So, you mean if i have windows firewall i open a port for that wich i have

Yes. To add a port go to Start>>Control Panel>>Windows Firewall Click on the "Exceptions" tab and you should see an option to "Add Port" After clicking on it, it will ask for a name/description, the port number, and the port type (TCP/UDP). Put in whatever you like for the name/description, put 7777 for port, and choose TCP. Do the same thing again, but choose UDP instead of TCP.

K, done that, you mean open a UDP and a TCP aswell?

Yes, both of them. When you have all of that done, you can check if the port is open (if your server is online with port 7777) here: http://grc.com/x/portprobe=7777

THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are quite welcome..lol. Enjoy.