Serverffs being totally unfair.

Ok, here's the situation.
My server was being ddosed, so I went to live support.
I was told if it is my server that is the target, then I will be move to a new IP.
I kindly told them "I will be switching to a cheaper host if that's the case."
While I was out, without being told or receiving an e-mail to notify me, they changed my IP.
Out of "good will" apparently they put me on the "Hosted" list.
This was their way of keeping me a customer.
I accepted this as acceptable compensation, but Woet then sent me a PM saying "You will be removed from tab in 2 days".
I said "Ok, I will be switching hosts so."

Thing is, I feel I am entitled to a refund for the months I have pre-ordered and won't be using.
I paid for a IP which dosent change unless I want it to, without my consent and when I clearly stated I didn't want my IP changed, they changed it.
I am told I will not be receiving a refund, which I find outrageous.

Here is the logs from our conversation:
Quote:

[16:32] <Woet> right
[16:34] <Byrner> Hai?
[16:34] <Woet> did you notice I added CRRPG to the hosted list?
[16:34] <Byrner> I did
[16:34] <Woet> okay
[16:34] <Woet> I added it there since you had to be moved
[16:34] <Woet> to boost your players back up
[16:34] <Byrner> Yeah, I know, thanks I guess
[16:34] <Woet> it'll be removed in 2 or 3 days though
[16:34] <Byrner> ..
[16:34] <Byrner> Are you serious? lol
[16:35] <Woet> yes.
[16:35] <Woet> the DDoS stopped after your server got moved by the way
[16:35] <Byrner> Lol, I'll be switching hosts
[16:35] <Woet> your choice
[16:35] <Woet> also, you failed to reply to my last e-mail
[16:35] <Byrner> Only thing that was keeping me here was the IP, when I was put onhosted list I guess that made up for the IP change, being removed from it, there's noreason for me to stay now ^^
[16:36] <Byrner> I didn't get one, i was actually expecting to receive one
[16:36] <Woet> but you continue to use too much diskspace
[16:36] <Byrner> byrner25c@yahoo.ie?
[16:36] <Woet> for quite a few months by now
[16:36] <Byrner> Oh
[16:36] <Woet> to the e-mail address associated with your account, yes
[16:36] <Byrner> You can delete w/e is needed in that
[16:37] <Byrner> Woet
[16:38] <Byrner> I am expecing a refund for the months I have pre-ordered
[16:38] <Woet> That is not possible.
[16:38] ->> You are now known as Robo-Cop
[16:38] <Woet> Your server is running just fine and there are no issues with it
[16:38] <Robo-Cop> Yes, there is
[16:38] <Robo-Cop> I was moved IP when I didn't want to
[16:38] <Robo-Cop> I am not going to be using the months I paid for, for this reason
[16:39] <Robo-Cop> I know my rights Woet.
[16:39] <Woet> okay, you could have your old IP back, and your server would be suspended
[16:39] <Robo-Cop> Nope, I will take the refund.
[16:39] <Robo-Cop> Which i am entitled to by law.
[16:39] <Woet> Quite simple, you can't have a refund
[16:39] <Robo-Cop> Well then you're breaking the law
[16:40] <Robo-Cop> I know my rights, it's the law if a good or service was not fit for intended purpose you're entitled to a refund.
[16:40] <Robo-Cop> I paid for a dedicated server with one IP, I was changed IP, I want a refund.
[16:41] <Woet> and you unfortunaly also agreed with our terms of service
[16:41] <Robo-Cop> It is also against the law to have that in TOS
[16:41] --NickServ-- Services are in Defcon mode, Please try again later.
[16:41] <Woet> You ordered a SA-MP server, and you have received (and continue) receiving a SA-MP server
[16:41] <Woet> due to attacks, we've moved your server to a new IP
[16:41] <Woet> since you caused downtime to other customers.
[16:41] <Robo-Cop> You cannot say "You can't have a refund"
[16:42] <Woet> sure you can
[16:42] <Woet> if you buy a PC game, open it and play it for a few months
[16:42] <Woet> you can't go back to the shop and get a refund
[16:42] <Robo-Cop> No, I can run my own sa-mp server, just as anyone can, I paid for a DEDICATED IP, which I no longer have.
[16:42] <Woet> You did not pay for any IP at all
[16:42] <Woet> You paid for a SA-MP server
[16:42] <Robo-Cop> Yes, which includes a dedicated IP
[16:42] <Woet> where does it say so?
[16:42] <Robo-Cop> So, now you offer hosting where the IP changed everyday, do you?
[16:43] <Woet> no, servers which cause downtime to other customers will be moved to our new server which is protected against DDoS
[16:44] <Robo-Cop> Look, you know I'm right about this, it's only like 10 Euro Woet, nobig deal, you're the one making a big deal about this, we both know you don't want the bad publicity on SA-MP forum.
[16:44] <Robo-Cop> I am entitled to a refund for the months I have pre-ordered
[16:44] <Robo-Cop> As I will not be using them, as they are not what I paid for.
[16:46] <Woet> You are not entitled and will not receive a refund.
[16:46] <Robo-Cop> Ok, I will be making a topic about his, I don't want to, but I feel I am being treated un-fairly.
[16:47] <Woet> That's up to you
[16:47] <Robo-Cop> Is 10 Euro really worth the bad publicity>?
[16:47] <Woet> Err, I just threat every customer the same and keep by our terms of service
[16:47] <Woet> And that a customer would like to create a topic about our services, that's up to them
[16:48] <Robo-Cop> You're not allowed to have that in your TOS...
[16:48] <Woet> Why not?
[16:48] <Robo-Cop> If a service is not providing what it offered, it's agaionst the law.
[16:49] <Woet> And we're providing what we offer
[16:49] <Woet> a SA-MP server
[16:49] <Robo-Cop> I was lead to belive I will have a dedicated IP, on signing up.
[16:49] <Woet> Please show me what made you believe so
[16:49] <Woet> I mean, I could 'lead to believe' that I would get a free car if I ordered a webhosting
[16:49] <Woet> that doesn't mean I'm entitled to get it
[16:50] <Robo-Cop> Not one that will change then as "Compensation" put on the "hosted" list then removed 2 days later.
[16:50] <Woet> So because I was nice and put you on a list which you need to pay for, you demand a refund?
[16:50] <Robo-Cop> If you told me "I will give you a free car if you sign up for thiswebsite" I am entitled to a car, yes.
[16:50] <Woet> right.
[16:50] <Woet> I never promised any hosting listing
[16:50] <Woet> I put it on there out of good will
[16:50] <Robo-Cop> I know
[16:50] <Robo-Cop> That was your idea of compensation.
[16:50] <Woet> so I didn't say 'I will give you a free hosting listing if I move your IP'
[16:51] <Woet> hence you have no right on it
[16:51] <Woet> oh, and it has been removed, since it seems you don't like it
[16:51] <Robo-Cop> Good will? No, you did it so I would stay here as you were aware I would be switching hosts.

According to my knowledge of the Supply of goods and supply of services act , I am entitled to a Refund if I wish.
Before you all come on defending serverffs, think about if this happened to you, and think about it from an independent point of view.

The reason for me making this topic, is so that others will be aware of the way customers can be treated, and will re-think choosing them because of the risk of being treated un-fairly.

In the TOC's:
"All money deposited to your balance is non-refundable."
That is highly illegal.

Agreed, i really never liked ServerFFS, guys you need to get your act together and sort out your Support people, and they way the place is run.
No offense.
Byrner deservs a refund for all the rubbish he has taken from you lot in the past.

Sue them then dont tell us

First of all, serverFFS is not bound by US law, we're a company located in The Netherlands.
For some reason people from the US think their law is everybody's law, while this is not the case.

Your server got attacked by several DDoSes, causing downtime to a few dozen other gameservers, websites and VPSes.
As noted in our Terms of Service: 'serverFFS holds the right to move or suspend a server if it causes downtime or lag to other customers.'
We moved your server (and your files) to our new server, which is protected against DDoS, and kept your old IP/port online forwarding to the new IP/port.
As an additional service, your server got added to the hosted list for a few days to compensate for the lost of players due to an IP change.

You have not paid for any dedicated IP, like I said, you have paid for a SA-MP server that is working perfectly without any issues.
Therefor we feel you are not entitled to a refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woet
You have not paid for any dedicated IP, like I said, you have paid for a SA-MP server that is working perfectly without any issues.
Ok, so what you're offering to people is what they can do themselves?
Host a server, with the IP changing?
We both know people buy your hosting to have a dedicated IP.

I'm also not American. ^^

@Byrner - You really got more than entitled to from Woet here, I don't see why you complain, you should be thankful instead. Why isn't it to your interest being moved to a DDoS protected server anyways? Even having the old IP pointing at it, I really don't see your problem, you've been far from treated bad.

Quote:
First of all, serverFFS is not bound by US law, we're a company located in The Netherlands.
For some reason people from the US think their law is everybody's law, while this is not the case.

Your server got attacked by several DDoSes, causing downtime to a few dozen other gameservers, websites and VPSes.
As noted in our Terms of Service: 'serverFFS holds the right to move or suspend a server if it causes downtime or lag to other customers.'
We moved your server (and your files) to our new server, which is protected against DDoS, and kept your old IP/port online forwarding to the new IP/port.
As an additional service, your server got added to the hosted list for a few days to compensate for the lost of players due to an IP change.

I agree with Woet, your server was causing downtime to all the other server's on that box, he has a complete right to move it. He actually gave you something in return, he moved your server to a box that is more protected, and kept you on the hosted list for a few days, You should be thankful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrner
Thing is, I feel I am entitled to a refund for the months I have pre-ordered and won't be using.
I feel I am entitled to a free car.
And a pizza made by Barack Obama.

You paid for the SA:MP server in advance. The SA:MP server works fine. Its your choice not to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrner
Quote:
Ok, so what you're offering to people is what they can do themselves?
Host a server, with the IP changing?
We both know people buy your hosting to have a dedicated IP.
You didn't pay for a dedicated IP. You paid for a SA:MP server.

Yes, the server your SA:MP server was hosted on had a static IP, but static and dedicated are different things.

I don't think this is unfair. Some of us have lost entire servers due to DDoS. No refunds, no service - and even ridiculous bandwidth bills.

If you speak with the owners of large SA-MP servers they'll tell you IP changes because of DDoS and other reasons are normal.