samp.ban and temporary banning

Hello guys,

When some one gets ban i transfer his ip range to samp.ban so he cant connect again with that range but samp.ban even doesnt even allow server to call OnPlayerConnect for the banned player when connecting... so the problem is if the ban is a temporary one, how can i unban him?

What i did before is.. Instead of using samp.ban i used a seperate table for banned ranges in the database so when player connects I can check weather his ban is expired.. but still I wanna use this samp.ban as cheaters still can affect the server if i used that server side method.

Is there any callback or smth which respond this connection?

I found using the samp.ban is a more effective way to ban cheaters and "isolate" them from the server. In my old CNR server i had multiple attacks from kids and adding their IP to samp.ban resolved the situation as they can't even connect.

My suggestion is to merge your ban system with default samp.ban file, i mean when banning an IP from server side, use "banip XXX.XXX.XXX" after that, so it gets banned in both places and you'll have to not worry about anything anymore.

Eventually, if you want to unban an IP, if you have a command like /unbanip, you can use unbanip and reloadbans rcon command after to flush samp.ban file.

If you're worried about OnPlayerConnect, you can try to use fread to read samp.ban file (never tried tbh) and check if that IP is banned.

Yeah, thanks for the reply! thats the reason im switching to samp.ban but the problem is I cant check weather any temporary ban is expired. I mean like if i ban a player for 3 days i save that timestamp but as I use samp.ban there's no way to compare that timestamp with the current timestamp.

So... is it impossible? that making temporary bans along with samp.ban

No it's not possible. However i suggest you to use samp.ban as a method to block attackers/flooders, just ban their IP. For "normal" bans you can use your server side ban system.

If you have a temporary ban system a workaround that i can only think is when the ban time expires just use unbanip and reloadbans to unban that IP.

Use database for bans, but also ban them on samp sever (samp.ban). Check for expired bans every few minutes and when ban expires also unban that ip on samp server (i think you can just call rcon command from server).

EDIT: fixed stupid typo

Thank you so much for both of you!
Another timer xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOvr
View Post
Thank you so much for both of you!
Another timer xD
You don't need to create another timer, just add unbanip and reloadbans rcon commands when you unban the player after the ban expires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symon
View Post
You don't need to create another timer, just add unbanip and reloadbans rcon commands when you unban the player after the ban expires.
Actually you didnt get me, how can i unban him at the exact time when he is in samp.ban? That's my problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOvr
View Post
Actually you didnt get me, how can i unban him at the exact time when he is in samp.ban? That's my problem
To unban him at the exбct timestamp is nearly impossible. This would have to be achieved by using a timer, and you don't want to check for expired bans every second.
Keep in mind that SAMP is single threaded and thus can only do one thing at a time.
You're better off checking every few minutes (eg. every 30 minutes) to see if there are expired bans.

Thanks for the ideas.. REP for all